Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldbondmafia
    • Oct 2011

Been thinking about anti dht creams

So obviously the point of fin and saw palmetto is to lower dht levels since they cause hair loss but taking them orally can effect your body negativity such as loss of libido if one is susceptible to it.

Emu oil is supposed to be a dht blocker although many people don't believe it works. Don't you guys think a cream or something in liquid form could be created and used to apply on the scalp as opposed to taking something orally which can have endless side effects? I wonder if there are other products that are supposed to block dht and are in non capsule form which could work better than saw palmetto for example ...
  • Shan
    • Feb 2013

There is only 1 FDA approved dht blocker

Comment

• goldbondmafia
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Shan
      Then why has 1.5 years use of saw palmetto kept my hair strong, healthy, and made it thicker but also lowered my libido? must be doing something with DHT levels.

Comment

• burtandernie
        • Nov 2012

Not necessarily. If saw palmetto competed at the receptor level with DHT then it could also have some effect even if it did not directly change DHT levels. I think saw palmetto is much weaker version of propecia and most likely wont help your hair loss unless taken in very large doses which of course just give you fin like sides anyways if it did anything

Comment

• Shan
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by goldbondmafia
          Then why has 1.5 years use of saw palmetto kept my hair strong, healthy, and made it thicker but also lowered my libido? must be doing something with DHT levels.
          You have to take very large doses of saw, which can give you sides, probably more than because of large doses. Would be easier to take fin and it is FDA approved and will work better than saw

Comment

• rdawg
            • Jun 2012

that S5 cream blocks DHT to an extent.

as well as Nizoral.

But neither are all that powerful enough to help out alone. Fin is the best thing out there.

Comment

• BaldJerry
              • May 2012

Dut is 10 times better than fin in my opinion. There is really no comparison between the 2

Comment

• Shan
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by BaldJerry
                Dut is 10 times better than fin in my opinion. There is really no comparison between the 2
                that may be true, but newbie should stick to FDA approved meds

Comment

• goldbondmafia
                  • Oct 2011

Why is Dut better than Fin? I thought both have similar sides except one is more expensive.

And to rdawg Ive seen a thread on a different board where the poster used s5 cream and nizoral and got his hair back from major thinning to a very good thickness. s5 creams would never affect hormones or DHT in the body, only on the head correct? - read up on some stories about s5 pill form causing guys to get man boobs etc...

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by Shan
                    Yup, and not only does it give shitty results, it also fvcks up your hormones, libido and runs the risk of making your dick permanently soft.

FDA is a joke.

Only way to get a proper treatment for hair loss is to expose Merck for their shitty product and its side effects and force a proper alternative.

20 years and you guys are still supporting Merck's Finasteride? What is wrong with all of you? Your part of the reason why nothing better has come along.

Comment

• rdawg
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by goldbondmafia
                      Why is Dut better than Fin? I thought both have similar sides except one is more expensive.

And to rdawg Ive seen a thread on a different board where the poster used s5 cream and nizoral and got his hair back from major thinning to a very good thickness. s5 creams would never affect hormones or DHT in the body, only on the head correct? - read up on some stories about s5 pill form causing guys to get man boobs etc...
                      s5 cream is localised from what I've read, the pills are spiro which are intended for women that's why haha. Only get the cream.

However it's been around for a while and the success stories are mixed, try it out but who knows what will happen result wise.

EDIT: I should say though that S5 is not that powerful, it will inhibit some DHT but not to the extent of say topical finasteride would.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by hellouser
                        Yup, and not only does it give shitty results, it also fvcks up your hormones, libido and runs the risk of making your dick permanently soft.

FDA is a joke.

Only way to get a proper treatment for hair loss is to expose Merck for their shitty product and its side effects and force a proper alternative.

20 years and you guys are still supporting Merck's Finasteride? What is wrong with all of you? Your part of the reason why nothing better has come along.
                        It is cheap, convenient, inconspicuous, there is never a "bad batch" of Proscar/Propecia or a batch that gets stuck in customs and it keeps your hair in place. Bottom line, fin works without sides for most users

& it is not hurting incentive for new treatments to come out since it is a commercial failure

Edit- Also what do people think they are going to expose? This drug is not new or mysterious....we have been studying 5-ar deficiency since the 70s and 5-ar oral inhibs since the late 80s/early 90s. It seems to f*ck a tiny % of users up for months or years but for most people it is nothing.

Comment

Working...