+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Propecia at 18!!

hello, my hair loss is getting pretty bad and i can now longer style it the way i used to, im not currently on anything but was looking into Propecia or finasteride (same thing?) do you honestly believe its safe? Reading through horror stories shook me up so was wondering if everyone thinks i'll be alright im only 18 as stated, thank you.

I started to lose mine at your age as well, i went from having a fringe and long hair to short hair with a badly receded hairline in just a couple of years. I'm 27 now and started on Finasteride and Minoxidil 2 months ago and have had no side effects. And I started using emu oil a couple of weeks ago and noticed some hairs starting to grow in the receding areas where there hasn't been any hair for seven years.

My advice is just to get on the trusted medications as soon as possible, don't worry about possible side effects, 95% of drugs have side effects, if you get ones that you can't cope with then stop taking it. I wish I'd got on them years ago but I let personal pride get in the way.

There's also vitamins and supplements you can take to improve the health of your hair such as biotin, silica, zinc etc.

Depends who you ask. I've tried fin for a bit, gave me gynecomastia symptoms after 2 weeks. Personally, I don't find it safe. Others might, as they might not experience sides.

Quote Originally Posted by billysw9 View Post
    hello, my hair loss is getting pretty bad and i can now longer style it the way i used to, im not currently on anything but was looking into Propecia or finasteride (same thing?) do you honestly believe its safe? Reading through horror stories shook me up so was wondering if everyone thinks i'll be alright im only 18 as stated, thank you.
    The fearmongering over finasteride is disgusting. There may be people with real side effects (like in almost every drug), but I would say that 90% of these whining guys are hypochondriacs with rich imagination. Some of these nuts "feel" alleged "side effects" mere 5 minutes after the ingestion of the pill. Others apparently read a leaflet to minoxidil and "report" side effects related to this drug. It has become ridiculous. The fact is that finasteride is a very, very safe stuff, and the risk of possible side effects is in the order of few percent.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    [..]but I would say that 90% of these whining guys are hypochondriacs with rich imagination. [..]The fact is that finasteride is a very, very safe stuff, and the risk of possible side effects is in the order of few percent.
    lol

10doe

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    lol

10doe
    He really has no idea what it is capable of does he?

I've come to the conclusion that he is on somebody's payroll, a big pharmaceutical company maybe.

My experience, take it for what it's worth: ...I'm 20 btw

Pre propecia thoughts: There's no side effects, people just scare themselves and it's all mental.

First day on 1mg propecia: my balls ache

Day 5: balls still ache, but less

Day 6: no ball ache, we are good

Day 7: libido is gone but can still get the ol' pecker up

Day 10: pecker dies

*Switch to .5mg a day

side effects seemed less, could have been placebo effect. A week later got the same sides

*switch to .25mg same thing happened as .5mg, a week later they returned

*switch to .25mg eod, same thing

*switch to .25mg every three days, same thing

*switch to .25mg once a week...took longer for sides to kick in but they did

Got off that shit after struggling with it for 3 months thinking sides would go away...It's now been 5 months I've been off of it and the side effects are still not completely gone. They have lessened for sure, but I'm no where near as horny as I used to be and I the boners are not as solid.

In the end you can take that for what it's worth. It needs to be your decision and no one else's. Many people take the drug with no sides that they know of, and many get sides as well. It just has to be your choice. For me, ruining my sex life permanently isn't worth it. Especially when there's so many new treatments on the horizon.

I should also tell you I have started RU in a KB vehicle and have no sides. It has also halted my hair loss.

i was prescribed painkillers today by doctor and the side effects were worse than fin. every drug has side effects but rarely are common. if you worry you will get sides

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    He really has no idea what it is capable of does he?

I've come to the conclusion that he is on somebody's payroll, a big pharmaceutical company maybe.
    Only because 1% of guys with "side effects" (mostly imaginary anyway) gather on one place, it doesn't mean that 100% finasteride users suffer from some sides.

I read your description of your "sides" with a smile on my face. But I don't exclude that in 10% cases, they can be real.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    Only because 1% of guys with "side effects" (mostly imaginary anyway) gather on one place, it doesn't mean that 100% finasteride users suffer from some sides.

I read your description of your "sides" with a smile on my face. But I don't exclude that in 10% cases, they can be real.
    What I said to Tbone also applies to you, so read this slowly and carefully.

Guys who were born with shit for brains wouldn't notice Finasteride damaging their brain.

For them/you it would be a normal day.