+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default REPLICEL NEWS: what does it mean?

The post is pretty straight forward - they've been granted a patent for the use of dermal sheath cup cells to treat mpb.

Now nobody can swoop in and steal their awesome technology which doesn't grow hair.

didn't Desmond say they plan on releasing results next month? or at least giving some kind of update.

I swear before they were going to wait at least another year, so it's possible they've made some strides here.

Yeah this is non news. Stock almost didn't even trade today at all: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=REPCF&ql=0
    Nobody cares.

At least they don't appear to have been whoring themselves in the media like they were last year, shamefully driving investors and stakeholders into a speculation frenzy...

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    didn't Desmond say they plan on releasing results next month? or at least giving some kind of update.

I swear before they were going to wait at least another year, so it's possible they've made some strides here.
    They don't have any results to share. They finished Phase I a while back which they gave results on that. They were pretty disappointing results. Phase II is going to begin not too long from now and the only thing we know is theyre scrapping testing on females and focusing on men only (good, because women get far more privileges than men, no surprise why they live on average 4 years longer). Their reasoning for focusing on men was because it was easier and faster to recruit men than women. Their motive is probably legit since theyre way behind compared to Aderans and Histogen.

I think you guys are being way too strict with Replicel, I mean reading your guys's posts it seems like we have 15 companies out there each with their own phenomenal, side-effect-free cure for baldness...

Replicel will either turn into air, or into something, maybe comparable to Histogen. Actually at this stage we can't be that sure that it will be worse than Histogen, because we don't really know much about what goes on in these companies' laboratories.

I think this news is better than no news.

**** them and their patent.

What that means is if they run out of money and fail nobody else can step up to the mark without paying these douche bags for the privilege.

This is why we need india and china to break up America's ghey ****ing idealistic ideas of how business should be run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    **** them and their patent.

What that means is if they run out of money and fail nobody else can step up to the mark without paying these douche bags for the privilege.

This is why we need india and china to break up America's ghey ****ing idealistic ideas of how business should be run.
    I can understand patents on tangible products like a new computer chip or something... but on the topic of health?? It kind of baffles me. There shouldnt be a patent system put into place, health shouldn't be a corporate race (in an ideal world).

However, the USPTO needs to have a 'use it or lose it' rule where if Replicel fails and doesn't use the patent, anyone can freely pick up the project and continue working on it.