+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    I had no sides on fin whatsoever. But on dut, I went through an episode of worsened acne on my back. This is probably due to the changes in the regulation of androgen receptors.
    That's interesting, yet you say that it saved your hair still?

I was on fin for 2 years and developed a reaction that gave me SD and burning/itching scalp. Now I've been on dutasteride (avodart) for 5.5 months and my hair continues to reced and fall out. The odd thing is, I have sebum/keratin plugs covering the bulb of the shed hair no matter what I do.. Did you ever experience this?

I just started my 20th year on anti-hair loss drugs. I would probably get with minoxidil forever, but 8 years ago I started to make experiments with various hormonal drugs and my hair could not stand it. Eventually, even minoxidil with finasteride was not enough. Frankly, I thought that I was done, but dut saved me.

If I had jumped on dut earlier, I would have saved more hair. But I was discouraged by all the internet prattle about "disastrous shedding". In reality, the hair loss simply stopped after 4 weeks of use. But it is true that it is very costly. I do hope that some generic version will be on the market soon.
    Im in a tough spot because even though ive only been in fin for 6 months I see hair at my hairline keep minaturizing partially scared of sides of dut and also people keep telling me to wait on fin but I dont want to wait until i have no hair left!!any thoughts on what i should do(im 19 btw)

I just started my 20th year on anti-hair loss drugs. I would probably get with minoxidil forever, but 8 years ago I started to make experiments with various hormonal drugs and my hair could not stand it. Eventually, even minoxidil with finasteride was not enough. Frankly, I thought that I was done, but dut saved me.

If I had jumped on dut earlier, I would have saved more hair. But I was discouraged by all the internet prattle about "disastrous shedding". In reality, the hair loss simply stopped after 4 weeks of use. But it is true that it is very costly. I do hope that some generic version will be on the market soon.
    I've been on Fin for 2.5 years and I think i'm starting to lose ground again. Considering getting on dut. I heard that TEVA has released generic dutasteride for sale in the US. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

there are two scenarios 1) if you've had success with fin and notice that the dosage you're at isn't providing maintenance, I personally would up the dosage before transitioning to DUT. 2) IF fin didn't work for you, or even rapidly sped up your MPB (as was my case) I would put little faith in DUT. What's happening is your body drastically altering other factors to compensate. You take DUT, I just have a strong feeling your body will respond even more drastically. Fin doesn't work - RU58841. RU doesn't work, your f*cked.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    I've been on Fin for 2.5 years and I think i'm starting to lose ground again. Considering getting on dut. I heard that TEVA has released generic dutasteride for sale in the US. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
    You've been using Fin for 2 years, so we know it works as it does for most according to clinical data.

That being said, talk to your prescribing physician about upping your Fin dose first. Consider Dut only if that does not work.

I have been using Fin for 5 years. See my thread.

I had no sides on fin whatsoever. But on dut, I went through an episode of worsened acne on my back. This is probably due to the changes in the regulation of androgen receptors.
    Warlord.. Are you still on the Dut?