+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    If you really have MPB, and if you want to increase your chances close to 100%, then Avodart is the best choice. I don't see any reason, why people should start with finasteride. It is an outdated drug. Remember that mere 3 Avodart pills a week are stronger than whatever dose of finasteride! Yes, on finasteride you have close to 90% probability to keep your hair for years, but one thing that is not emphasized enough is the fact that in young men, this number is rather closer to 80%. And when you are young, your MPB proceeds fast. You don't have enough time to play with finasteride, to end up frustrated after 1 year of endless waiting for any results. You must jump on the most effective drug that is available.
    How is the only prescription oral drug FDA approved for hair loss "outdated"?

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    How is the only prescription oral drug FDA approved for hair loss "outdated"?
    Only because Avodart has not been approved yet, due to the financial disinterest of GlaxoSmith Kline, it doesn't mean that you should use a less effective drug.

Only because Avodart has not been approved yet, due to the financial disinterest of GlaxoSmith Kline, it doesn't mean that you should use a less effective drug.
    can you take a look at my hair. I have used Finasteride for 5 years. What do you think?

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...tment-Protocol

Warlord are you still on dut?

Quote Originally Posted by eighteen View Post
    Warlord are you still on dut?
    I have been using Dutasteride since spring of 2013. It did not regrow much hair, but I am fine, because I have only mildly receding temples. I have had more success with dermarolling.

I have been using Dutasteride since spring of 2013. It did not regrow much hair, but I am fine, because I have only mildly receding temples. I have had more success with dermarolling.
    Warlord, what was your experience on finasteride?

Ya warlord whats your experience with hairloss drugs in general any sides at all from dut do you use anything else? Im thinking of junping on dut in a few months if my hairloss doesnt stop.

Quote Originally Posted by eighteen View Post
    Ya warlord whats your experience with hairloss drugs in general any sides at all from dut do you use anything else? Im thinking of junping on dut in a few months if my hairloss doesnt stop.
    I just started my 20th year on anti-hair loss drugs. I would probably get with minoxidil forever, but 8 years ago I started to make experiments with various hormonal drugs and my hair could not stand it. Eventually, even minoxidil with finasteride was not enough. Frankly, I thought that I was done, but dut saved me.

If I had jumped on dut earlier, I would have saved more hair. But I was discouraged by all the internet prattle about "disastrous shedding". In reality, the hair loss simply stopped after 4 weeks of use. But it is true that it is very costly. I do hope that some generic version will be on the market soon.

I just started my 20th year on anti-hair loss drugs. I would probably get with minoxidil forever, but 8 years ago I started to make experiments with various hormonal drugs and my hair could not stand it. Eventually, even minoxidil with finasteride was not enough. Frankly, I thought that I was done, but dut saved me.

If I had jumped on dut earlier, I would have saved more hair. But I was discouraged by all the internet prattle about "disastrous shedding". In reality, the hair loss simply stopped after 4 weeks of use. But it is true that it is very costly. I do hope that some generic version will be on the market soon.
    Are sides any more detectable on dut compared to fin?

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    Are sides any more detectable on dut compared to fin?
    I had no sides on fin whatsoever. But on dut, I went through an episode of worsened acne on my back. This is probably due to the changes in the regulation of androgen receptors.