+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    You can try castration if nothing else works! I mean seriously, is hair that important that you would take such dangerous drugs as Avodart to save it.
    What is so dangerous about it? It's FDA approved for BPH and in the short clinical trials it was showed to be more effective than finasteride for MBP. I have been using it for nearly 4 weeks[2 days away from completing 4 weeks], I am still alive, my d--k has not fallen off, I do not have ball ache, my libido has not dropped one bit.

Like finasteride, dutasteride's side effects are greatly exaggerated. I feel sorry for those who can not tolerate these drugs, but the "dangers" of these drugs are greatly exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    What is so dangerous about it? It's FDA approved for BPH and in the short clinical trials it was showed to be more effective than finasteride for MBP. I have been using it for nearly 4 weeks[2 days away from completing 4 weeks], I am still alive, my d--k has not fallen off, I do not have ball ache, my libido has not dropped one bit.

Like finasteride, dutasteride's side effects are greatly exaggerated. I feel sorry for those who can not tolerate these drugs, but the "dangers" of these drugs are greatly exaggerated.
    Here is your answer to that posted from 2 years ago as per the FDA warnings on both finasteride and dutasteride.

http://newsforumforlawyers.com/2011/...t-and-proscar/

I read that when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Scientific fact 1) Finasteride has fewer sexual side effects

http://urologytimes.modernmedicine.c...fects-compared

Baseline clinical trials of Finasteride as compared to Dutasteride
    Dutasteride although drastically reducing the serum profile of DHT only barely edges out Finasteride though both share the same chemical profile..because as I said earlier Dutasteride attacks the two types of 5AR enzymes that lead to male pattern baldness. Finasteride only attacks one type of enzyme.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1472914/

Shedding and hair loss from switching up from Finasteride to Dutasteride
    here...
    http://www.baldingblog.com/2013/03/0...ver-the-scalp/

here....

http://www.hairadd.com/hair-loss-causes/2223.html

and here...

http://www.*****************/interact...!!-Help-Please

and lastly this which does advocate Dutasteride but with increased DHT inhibition comes the possibility of increased sides

http://www.***************/non-surgi...choose-part-2/

So we can see from the scientific trials and the experiences of others noted here it is not so clear cut as some would have you believe in terms switching number one and that one is necessarily the better choice than the other since you need to be one on the other for a year to see if their is any result in it working for you based on the progression and pattern of your current loss. It is not a cakewalk and an easy choice as Warlord would have you believe.

Whether you pick finasteride behind door number one or dutasteride behind door number two you will have to be patient and track your result. A quick switch between one to the other can result in hair loss and shedding that could be reflex androgencity, shock loss or the change in Fin cycling out of your body and now the Avodart taking over. Do not be hasty because some guy on the internet is advising to do you x and then you find your prick doesn't work anymore. You can't blame him you can only blame yourself. Do the research look through Google and search on these subjects and figure things out for yourself. I am going to switch to Dutasteride after a year. Why ? I have seen result with Finasteride reversing out my Norwood 6 to a diffuse Norwood 4.. that is a huge jump and with hair growing on my temples yet. and on my vertex. Thick hairs that are darkening even as we speak.. that was due to patience of a regimen of Nizoral, Minoxidil and Finasteride for nearly a year which a few lapses in terms of delivery without fail. So I know that if my hair works with one it will work with the other. And that sexual side effects with one was nonexistent with me as a primer so now I know that if I choose to advance to Dutasteride I will probably have minimal to zero side effects on that side since the chemical profile is remarkably the same.

For being twenty years old most everyone on this site and more hair loss forums are using Finasteride as the mainstay of what reversed their hair loss it was and still is the closest thing to one of the best thing to combat baldness out there.
    Well, I confess that a working prick is the most important thing in the world. And "side effects" like "ejaculatory dysfunction and decreased libido" are scary. Especially when they occur in as much as 2-3% men. And don't forget that the huge 1% difference between dut and fin is important. Some other studies didn't document this difference, which means that they should be thrown into a scrap basket.

Gosh! The obsessive idiots study only sexual side effects, because of some hysterical, primitive dudes, for which sex is the only life's hobby. I got an outburst of acne on my back after the start of dutasteride, but where is this visible and verifable side effect listed in their studies? Nobody of them cares. Ejaculation dysfunction is obviously much more important.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post

Dutasteride is actually very dangerous. The great hormone called DHT is just so important! Imagine that you will be one of those few men, who will never experience the joy of baldness and prostate enlargement! Not to speak about prostate cancer! You will virtually discredit yourself in the society.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Here is your answer to that posted from 2 years ago as per the FDA warnings on both finasteride and dutasteride.

http://newsforumforlawyers.com/2011/...t-and-proscar/
    Side effects of aspirine:

black, bloody, or tarry stools;

coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;

severe nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain;

fever lasting longer than 3 days;

swelling, or pain lasting longer than 10 days; or

hearing problems, ringing in your ears.

Damn! How can the scoundrels from FDA approve such a lethal drug?!

Quote Originally Posted by secrethero89 View Post
    Should i switch to avodart?
    I explained to you all pros and cons. It is possible that finasteride will work for you. But it is practically certain that dutasteride would work even better. Well, you can do a compromise and add 1-2 dutasteride pills a week to your finasteride regime. But don't forget to watch your DHT and testosterone levels!

You are actually the obsessive idiot hurling personal insults instead of facts Warlord.

We were keeping our remarks simply onto Dutasteride and Finasteride without the personal insults and sticking to the facts.

You can't seem to do that which suggest that you an immature little brat that throws a tantrum when someone happens to disagree with him.

I advocated a sensible and reasoned process of researching which is what I did before I got on Finasteride and studied its process and why example based on the length it is your system why 1mg or 5mg upping the dosage has the same result over time. And it is what I will do should I decide to go on Avodart down the road. I never discouraged the use of anything simply there are risks and well as rewards and one must be conscious of both before any undertaking. If not you might as well be one of those impulse buying that solution for my baldness type guy pouring RU-5882244 blah blah over your head which has no scientific or clinical trials behind it whatsoever and has all manner of side effects but the desperate guys grab at it and pour it on mixing it with Everclear and Propyl Alcohol like a home chemist and have their fingers crossed.

The prostate cancer risk was put out by the FDA two years ago. Now if you have prostate cancer risk in your family such a statistic might be relevant as it affects a slim percentage of men. Erectile dysfunction is something Chrisis on the boards here can speak to as his experience with Finasteride he mentions played a specific role in his struggles.

Doing that same research yes Dutasteride is the more powerful DHT inhibitor however their is a potentially greater risk of harsher side effects including erectile dysfunction and low or non-existent ejaculation ? This is why you have to wean yourself off of Finasteride and gradually come off of it taking less and less of it in terms of dosage allowing it cycle out slowly rather than immediate cold turkey which means more than likely losing hair through a shed because the

Leaping off of one and onto another when a) 6 months is not enough time to see a damn thing whether it was Finasteride or Dutasteride makes no sense as it takes Finasteride a longer time to work well past 6 months to see anything and b) Jumping from one to the other has shown pronounced sexual side effects and well as pronounced hair loss that worsens on people from other hair loss boards post after post is nothing to ignore.

That information is easily accessible as I just showed you only some I gathered over the course of the day.

Besides your ONE table chart where is your facts of studies going to comparison of Finasteride compared with Dutasteride.

Furthermore where is your guarantee and stamp of approval right next to the FDA's that the original poster of this thread is going to be 100 percent ok once he follows what you are saying which must be absolutely right because it can't be remotely wrong at all ?

You have no guarantee of anything of that kind.

Are you a scientist or for that matter someone who works as a pharmaceutical chemist who can make such blanket statements with certainty ?

No.

Are you working as a scientist for Glaxo-Smith Kline that makes Dutasteride that you can guarantee that for every individual biochemistry of people here on this board that Dutasteride will not have significant sides or erectile dysfunction or hair loss and shed ?

No.

Until you get your facts together with evidence.. credible scientific evidence I am urging the people here to do their own research make their own determinations and ignore you and what you are saying because you obviously do not know what the **** you are talking about.

Until you do know what the **** you are talking about then please participate and spread the knowledge in this thread that could be beneficial to others. Right now you sound exactly as you are perceived as an anonymous coward over the internet who attacks people who are asleep at 5:30 am in the morning without any facts that are solid and concrete and instead goes on a ranting screed about everyone else here.

My dear, this guy is apparently desperate after 6 months on finasteride. I can understand his feelings very well. And I know other guys on internet forums, who spent the whole year on finasteride and ended up deeply frustrated. If he values his hair, it is understandable that he must use the most effective drug on the market. Furthermore, he is young (24 years), which means that he has not enough time. He can play with finasteride, when he is 40 or 50 years old. But he actually doesn't have to quit finasteride; adding 1 or 2 Avodart pills a week should greatly increase his chances.

"...harsher side effects including erectile dysfunction and low or non-existent ejaculation"

LOL (Laughing-Out-Loud) What about if dutasteride caused a pimple on his nose? That would be lethal! Furthermore, do you know that pseudoherms lacking 5-AR II enzyme never get prostate cancer?

Desperation can cause people to make critical mistakes that led to irreversible damages without being properly informed. Finasteride after 6 months could not EVEN IF IT worked provide the hair gains the poster is looking for it so short an interval. That is unrealistic for even as marginally good as Finasteride claims to be. To jump onto another drug without cycling off the previous you invite problems such as the sexual side effects and pronounced hair loss in the sink that the OP does NOT want and would be very upset to have happen to him.

You have to wean yourself off of one drug before starting another medicated process. Period.

That said it is truthful that Dutasteride being the more powerful alternative of the two blocking 90 plus percent of DHT in the serum uptake of the internal biology also has greater reported and felt side effects that Finasteride. Those are facts based on clinical studies so if he wishes to go on said drug he goes into it using it with open eyes and not HOLY SHIT what happened to me after using Avodart for the first three weeks or up until a month. It is important to give someone the good and bad to give them both sides of what they are getting themselves into to provide balanced information.

The poster is in his 20's possibly a Norwood 2 - 2.5 which means time is still on his side to make the right choice.. past a Norwood 3 -4 on the scale and time will be against him he still has years 4 or 5 perhaps between now and then to for that to happen as androgenic alopecia is a gradual insidious process that happens over months and months over a process of years .

For me to get to Norwood 5 even off and on of Minoxidil and many hair regimens to keep what I have was over a 20 year period and now my hairs are coming back on my vertex and crown in a pronounced fashion even though many said hey man you are black and bald and you can pull off that look.

I just didn't want to be the next bald black guy walking down the street and so I am back to fighting it aggressively and that fight has seen results after taking Finasteride since last year July and I will be coming up on a year by this July. I informed myself before getting on that path reading and reading conscientiously until I made a balanced choice that paid off for me and I am 42 years old not 22 years old.

And that as I said paid off for me in the long run using my common sense, patience and being properly informed. After a year or so I more than likely will cycle off of Finasteride and go to Avodart. Because I researched Avodart carefully as a consumer to my satisfaction and weighed all of the pros and cons.