+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goals: Attained

Default Goals: Attained

I just want to tell everyone how well life is going for me right now. I'm shaved at a NW3, and it doesn't seem to be hurting me a bit. It might seem callous to those who are still suffering, but I want to let people know that hair loss, even at a young age, is not the end of existence. Plus, maybe I want to brag a little.

Even though I didn't go to prom, there were at least 2 girls who made it clear that they would have liked to go with me. Before prom, one girl was being really nice to me, asking me over to her house and stuff before I made it clear that I wasn't interested.

I got into the United States Air Force Academy and I'm visiting in 2 days to decide if it's right for me. For those who don't know, the AFA is one of the best schools in the country (The Air Force equivalent of West Point). The Acceptance rate is less than 10 percent, and the Average ACT Score going in is a 32.

I've currently got a part-time job teaching children swimming lessons, and I got re-hired as a lifeguard for my city this season.

I'm in the best shape of my life. 6'1", 170 lbs. I have a resting pulse rate < 60 bpm and I can do 50 push-ups and 20 pull-ups in a row easily. I recently shattered my mile time, dropping 32 seconds to a PR of 5:32.

People at my school are greeting me in the hallways and talking to me more than ever before. I've noticed that people seem intimidated by me when they talk to me. I was voted the captain of a small academic team yesterday.

I am bald at 18, and I am happy.

I am really happy for you in all that you accomplished. Hell, you've done something (shaved your head) that I could never do at this point and I'm almost twice your age. What I like is that you're not one of these people who say things like "hair loss is not the end of the world" and "your hair is not your identity" and then go out and get a ton of hair transplants or take enough Propecia to choke a horse. You're not a hypocrite, you practice what you preach, and I salute you for that. Although hair loss is still very depressing to me and I couldn't shave my head at this point, I salute you for it and for what you have accomplished in life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post
    I just want to tell everyone how well life is going for me right now. I'm shaved at a NW3, and it doesn't seem to be hurting me a bit. It might seem callous to those who are still suffering, but I want to let people know that hair loss, even at a young age, is not the end of existence. Plus, maybe I want to brag a little.

Even though I didn't go to prom, there were at least 2 girls who made it clear that they would have liked to go with me. Before prom, one girl was being really nice to me, asking me over to her house and stuff before I made it clear that I wasn't interested.

I got into the United States Air Force Academy and I'm visiting in 2 days to decide if it's right for me. For those who don't know, the AFA is one of the best schools in the country (The Air Force equivalent of West Point). The Acceptance rate is less than 10 percent, and the Average ACT Score going in is a 32.

I've currently got a part-time job teaching children swimming lessons, and I got re-hired as a lifeguard for my city this season.

I'm in the best shape of my life. 6'1", 170 lbs. I have a resting pulse rate < 60 bpm and I can do 50 push-ups and 20 pull-ups in a row easily. I recently shattered my mile time, dropping 32 seconds to a PR of 5:32.

People at my school are greeting me in the hallways and talking to me more than ever before. I've noticed that people seem intimidated by me when they talk to me. I was voted the captain of a small academic team yesterday.

I am bald at 18, and I am happy.
    Congratulations. Some people on this forum would tell you that being bald is the worst thing that can happen to you. Like you, I strongly disagree with them. I am bald myself and I love my Skull. It suits my look very well, and many women have complimented on my looks.

Inactive

While I cannot see my life without hair and am unwilling to venture down that road unless I am forced to, I am happy that you are happy. I hope things go well for you and you accomplish all of your life's dreams and aspirations.

Im glad your life is so good bro. you have not let hair loss push you down. However
    why did you not go to the prom?
    Are you not missing out?