+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default anyone think the next gen of treatments will come from the forums?

there are so many smart baldies in these forums across the world experimenting with all sorts of different mechanisms and approaches, it seems logical that SOMEBODY in the world is going to stumble across some advancement within the next 3 years, some PGD2 inihibitor at just the right dosage or something like that. i've seen those amazing indomethacin pics, and heard about all of these custom topicals going around, there was the cetirizine breakthrough that still has a little life left in it, some guy on here is experimenting with quercetin as a topical... i love the fact that we're not waiting around for the companies, that we're being proactive and using science to attack this ridiculous condition.

i honestly think that a breakthrough is going to happen in a baldness forum. now whether it is more effective than the companies' products and whether it is safe for longterm use are different questions, but we have people saying it's going to take until 2016-2020 for the next generation of FDA-approved treatments to be made available to the US public, and i'd bet somebody like Desmond in some forum will make a breakthrough before that.

what do you guys think?

CB is already in the works.
    BNP will be in the works soon.
    CNP may be in the works as well.
    RU is already more potent that Finasteride.
    PSi may be in the works as well.
    There are many other treatments but all of them including the ones I've listed are meddling with health risks. BNP may prove to be a non-factor for health risks as our body already produces BNP and it proved safe in the trials using a topical gel. Its even administered as an injection for heart failure as well.

The growth factors involved with these treatments may be able to be more potent than simply blocking DHT, although I believe CB will prove to be a VERY effective solution to go alongside any of the treatments.

That doesnt mean I dont care about Aderans or Histogen. I hate the fact that because its a man's issue, baldies have become a joke and ignored the terrible psychological stress it creates. Before anything else I would much rather have Dr. Lauster's or Tsuji Labs' work come to the market, but I know that won't be for a while. I'll say it again, if this was as much a woman's issue, we'd have had a cure decades ago.

No any significant new thing is going to come from the companies and researchers. Everything we have so far has, and will be in the future. If Joe on the forum uses some pgd 2 blocker he puts together frankly I would not believe him, and reproducing everything he did might not be possible, yet alone a lot of people might not get the same results.

It's really frustrating at times seeing people trial concoctions on forums.

One of the mainstream forums (HLH) really thrives on it, at least when I used to read the forum. The user trials on their all seemed to fizzle out without any conclusion, as in no solid 'no' answer as it seemed everyone gave up, and didn't document anything...

I think it's noble to see people trying. But inevitably they'll encounter issues which require a team of researchers to solve. For example, I head the problem with CB is in finding an effective vector to deliver the solution to the hair follicles.

Been thinking about this for some time myself.

I would like baldness cured and don't really care about how people can patent the techniques and profit from them. I just want to see a single case of minimally invasive renewable hair regeneration in the next year.

Here is a proposal: get a biomedical engineer who specializes in tissue engineering and a tattoo artist together. The biomedical engineer can finesse with dermal cells to make them trichogenic and the tattoo artist will finesse with the placement. Open source this and voila.

This is mildly illegal, but you have gone around the FDA, patent law, corporatism, everything that distracts us from the cure. As long as we have the guts to deal with the risks.

Quote Originally Posted by paradigmshift View Post
    Been thinking about this for some time myself.

I would like baldness cured and don't really care about how people can patent the techniques and profit from them. I just want to see a single case of minimally invasive renewable hair regeneration in the next year.

Here is a proposal: get a biomedical engineer who specializes in tissue engineering and a tattoo artist together. The biomedical engineer can finesse with dermal cells to make them trichogenic and the tattoo artist will finesse with the placement. Open source this and voila.

This is mildly illegal, but you have gone around the FDA, patent law, corporatism, everything that distracts us from the cure. As long as we have the guts to deal with the risks.
    You'll need to get in touch with some from Dr. Roland Lauster's team or Tsuji Labs' team. Otherwise, you're not going to get anywhere (unless theres someone else we havent heard from thats been able to do what they have).

In either case, good luck. Youre better off kidnapping Dr. Lauster and forcing him to do something about your hair.

A bunch of bald guys in camouflage dropping in on Lauster while he is sleeping... can you imagine? Haha! (J/K... or am I?)

Hmm... I wonder if we can systematically scour the publications to collate a repeatable method for doing it. Members of this forum can split into teams and summarize existing literature.

There is so much passion and dedication on this forum, how hard could it be to convert some of that into constructive research. We could start with something as simple as a journal club...

Quote Originally Posted by paradigmshift View Post
    There is so much passion and dedication on this forum, how hard could it be to convert some of that into constructive research. We could start with something as simple as a journal club...
    Yes. You are not the only one who thinks this way. It's a great point.

This is a great idea. There is so much so many people are doing on their hair. Recording what happens to them into a database could be very useful for others and maybe even researchers.