+ Reply to Thread

Default minox shed question

hey guys, FINALLY got on minox about three weeks ago and have been pretty regularly applying it once a day (i'll move up to twice a day if i can tolerate once a day for a couple months). i've definitely seen some shedding the past couple weeks but i've been around the block long enough to know that this is almost always a good sign. what i've noticed is that the majority of the hairs i'm shedding are longer, thinner hairs, much thinner than those on my donor area. is this a good sign, meaning that these hairs will grow back thicker? i'm guessing it is but just wanted some reassurance. i'm excited to see where things are by this summer, and trying as hard as i can to just ignore the torrential downpour of hair in the sink and shower...

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    hey guys, FINALLY got on minox about three weeks ago and have been pretty regularly applying it once a day (i'll move up to twice a day if i can tolerate once a day for a couple months). i've definitely seen some shedding the past couple weeks but i've been around the block long enough to know that this is almost always a good sign. what i've noticed is that the majority of the hairs i'm shedding are longer, thinner hairs, much thinner than those on my donor area. is this a good sign, meaning that these hairs will grow back thicker? i'm guessing it is but just wanted some reassurance. i'm excited to see where things are by this summer, and trying as hard as i can to just ignore the torrential downpour of hair in the sink and shower...
    From my experience, I'm seeing a lot of long medium-to-thick strands of hair fall out as well. But I am also on RU and recently got on CB. I have been seeing a LOT of regrowth though within the hairline. Density seems to be more or less the same in the last few weeks as I started out with Minox 5% in December (December-February density was really bad).

What's up with CB? I thought they were having problems with the vehicle or something, have they resolved all that? Is it a DHT inhibitor or regrowth agent? I'll definitely have to investigate CB some more, thought it was a lost cause...

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    What's up with CB? I thought they were having problems with the vehicle or something, have they resolved all that? Is it a DHT inhibitor or regrowth agent? I'll definitely have to investigate CB some more, thought it was a lost cause...
    There are a number of ways of producing CB, the current CB everyone has, apparently Kane included, is the wrong form, which doesnt dissolve completely in a vehicle although still potent. Its an anti-androgen, not a regrowth agent, but regrowth is definitely a part of its effects and most likely the strongest treatment available today... this is unless BNP-32 actually works for everyone outside of the small clinical trial which would be many more times as effective as it was capable of growing hair on completely bald patches of skin.