+ Reply to Thread

Default Anyone know about Planus Lichen?

My biopsy results came in and I'm seeing one of the best (Dr. Nusbaum) down in southern Florida and he said he believes I've MPB, but he at the same time is confused because both scalp biopsies showed up positive for Planus Lichen. He is apparently so stumped he's referring me to one of the top researchers in the world for hair loss at U.M. He doesn't want me to treat anything until going to visit him...

From what I've read this Planus Lichen can cause hairloss (which isn't reversible...) and it isn't something that's cured, you treat it and it can go away or come as it pleases. I'm pretty scared about now. My hairline is still just as strong as a year ago, it's just the crown and top of my head that are thinning. I just want to make it stop and HT it and fix it already

So at this point, I don't know if my hairloss is from the rare planus lichen inflammation or male pattern, and apparently the Dr. doesn't either since he wants me to report back to him after visiting a hardcore researcher.

What’s up, Keepingmyhair!

I hope you’re doing okay! While reading your hair loss story, I immediately identified some similarities. I’ve had terrible anxiety issues on and off since the very beginning of 2017. I had debilitating acid reflux as well and I also was taking omeprazole 20Mg daily for it.

I was a disaster. Getting brain zaps and having panic attacks regularly. I also stopped eating meat out of fear of heart disease. About a year ago, I noticed my hair just pouring off my head. I managed to get off omeprazole, started eating meat, and I’m MUCH better anxiety-wise. Ended up going to derm for hair loss and she just dismissed it as psoriasis, gave me some medicated shampoo, and sent me on my way.

Thing is that it didn’t work. No dandruff. Still hair loss. My shedding is still much higher than I’m used to. They checked me for deficiencies, and I came out normal. Hairline is intact. Diffuse thinning like you, with maybe a liiiittle loss at crown. Did they ever figure you out?