+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Smile 7th World Congress for Hair Research (2013)

Hey guys,

I've got more news for you guys about the upcoming talks at this year's Hair research congress. Some you already know, some you don't and will blow your mind! So here it goes:

1) Aderans: Prof. Kurt Stenn will be updating us on what Aderans has been up to. (To correct myself, Aderans did attend this congress once before which was in France back in 2010. Many of you guys may have seen the video. This is their second appearance since then and surprisingly is being conducted by its Chief Scientific Officer rather than CEO)

2) Histogen: Gail Naughton will be presenting HSC's final Phase I/IIa results! (Very exciting)

3) Replicel: Dr. McElwee will be presenting their 12-month interim safety results of a phase 1/2a trial (Remember how they were not going to update us till 24 months was up! Well looks like they've changed their mind! Maybe they've got some good news!)

4) Topical Finasteride Formulation: The swedes have come up with P-3074 which is a Finasteride 0.25% topical solution mixed with hydroxypropyl-chitosan (HPCH) which is a film-forming agent. They compared using this solution (once daily) with 1mg oral finasteride once daily and what they saw was mind boggling!!! Topical reduced scalp DHT by 71% whereas oral reduced it by 51%. Furthermore, serum DHT was reduced by about the same in both groups!!!

5) CG210: Japanese scientist have come up with a modified botanical treatment that when combined with Finasteride (in patients using fin for more than 3 years) increased the hair diameter by 37% compared to those who used fin alone!

6) Systemic growth factor (SGF) treatment: Korean scientists have been busy testing Systemic growth factors (SGF) composed of β-fibroblast growth factor (β-FGF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1). They got 10-15% increase in hair density in HUMAN trials!!!

May is going to be a monster of a month

Let's hope we get a glitter of hope in these dark times...I'll be updating you guys if I find out anymore...

We are now 3 weeks away!

Cheers to all my balding brothers and sisters.

Love you all

- Des

My faith lies mostly in Aderans and Replicel as the longest lasting single treatment. I have a feeling however, Histogen will prove most powerful but will require more frequent visits.

Topical finasteride should have been a reality when it was released. Thanks Merck, for castrating men for the last 20 years... scumbags.

For all those topicals though, CB still remains to be the most powerful. God knows what kind of potentially crazy results we could see from peptides though.

I do wonder though... what advantages would there be if we bought finasteride in bulk, crushed all the pills or purchased in raw powder, dissolved it in everclear and mixed a ton of it into Nizoral (as Nizoral is best when the shampoo sits on the scalp for at least 2 minutes).

Finasteride is fairly cheap at this point.

Very exciting stuff, thanks for the nice summary Desmond !

Programme overview: http://www.hair2013.org/userfiles/fi...2004.03.13.pdf

Thanks Desmond, always good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Where did you find that info anyway Desmond ? If I look at the programme I just posted, I see other speakers and not the ones you mentioned ?

Thx Clandestine, this place keeps me going

Arashi I've got inside connections

Nahhh, just kidding! Here's all the abstracts for the Congress! I read every single one LOL

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1...d2013110a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Thx Clandestine, this place keeps me going

Arashi I've got inside connections

Nahhh, just kidding! Here's all the abstracts for the Congress! I read every single one LOL

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v1...d2013110a.html
    Nice one Desmond !

Thanks Desmond!

My birthday is in May and I hope that all of them will share some great news. That would be an awesome present!

*Edit* Probably a very stupid question, what does "hair density" mean? Just thicker hair or increased amount of hair?
    They got 10-15% increase in hair density in HUMAN trials!!!

Man if you google the researchers (also the ones you didnt mention, but like for example George Cotsarelis, you realize how many people are working on this, apart from the 'usual suspects' like Team Tokyo, that we're following here. It surely is hopeful to read !

Just to be accurate too, Histogen and Aderans presentations are actually at the International Investigative Dermatology Conference which begins after the World Congress ends (From May 8 – May 11), which is held at the same venue in Edinburgh.