+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

That's still good for people who can tolerate fin, or are losing ground after long term usage. The extra reduction in scalp DHT would certainly help keep hair afloat until something properly better (CB?) comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    And since the serum levels of DHT will decrease by the same amount as with propecia I guess the sides will be the same
    No.

This is only true if the vehicle for it is strong enough to dissolve finasteride into such a molecular weight that it passes skin and makes it into the bloodstream.

As long as it does NOT get into the bloodstream, there shouldnt be any side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    No.

This is only true if the vehicle for it is strong enough to dissolve finasteride into such a molecular weight that it passes skin and makes it into the bloodstream.

As long as it does NOT get into the bloodstream, there shouldnt be any side effects.
    Well it says that the serum levels decreased by the same amount so I guess it makes it into the bloodstream or am I missing the definition of serum level?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Well is says that the serum levels decreased by the same amount so I guess it makes it into the bloodstream or am I missing the definition of serum level?
    It doesnt have to make it into the blood stream. What would be the point of having it as a topical then? The reason for it is to reduce side effects. DHT would would be decreased at the follicle and nowhere else. But like I said, if it passes into bloodstream, and depending on amount, THEN its a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Hey guys,

I've got more news for you guys about the upcoming talks at this year's Hair research congress. Some you already know, some you don't and will blow your mind! So here it goes:

1) Aderans: Prof. Kurt Stenn will be updating us on what Aderans has been up to. (To correct myself, Aderans did attend this congress once before which was in France back in 2010. Many of you guys may have seen the video. This is their second appearance since then and surprisingly is being conducted by its Chief Scientific Officer rather than CEO)

2) Histogen: Gail Naughton will be presenting HSC's final Phase I/IIa results! (Very exciting)

3) Replicel: Dr. McElwee will be presenting their 12-month interim safety results of a phase 1/2a trial (Remember how they were not going to update us till 24 months was up! Well looks like they've changed their mind! Maybe they've got some good news!)

4) Topical Finasteride Formulation: The swedes have come up with P-3074 which is a Finasteride 0.25% topical solution mixed with hydroxypropyl-chitosan (HPCH) which is a film-forming agent. They compared using this solution (once daily) with 1mg oral finasteride once daily and what they saw was mind boggling!!! Topical reduced scalp DHT by 71% whereas oral reduced it by 51%. Furthermore, serum DHT was reduced by about the same in both groups!!!

5) CG210: Japanese scientist have come up with a modified botanical treatment that when combined with Finasteride (in patients using fin for more than 3 years) increased the hair diameter by 37% compared to those who used fin alone!

6) Systemic growth factor (SGF) treatment: Korean scientists have been busy testing Systemic growth factors (SGF) composed of β-fibroblast growth factor (β-FGF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1). They got 10-15% increase in hair density in HUMAN trials!!!

May is going to be a monster of a month

Let's hope we get a glitter of hope in these dark times...I'll be updating you guys if I find out anymore...

We are now 3 weeks away!

Cheers to all my balding brothers and sisters.

Love you all

- Des
    Sorry Desmond, I like you but I feel like you should be a lot more cautious when talking about Histogen. We don't know if they are going to present their results, it makes sense that they might and we can almost assume they will, but there are no official or unofficial sources that they intend to, it's just our speculation.

Let's not build expectations from what we speculate that might happen (this applies to Aderans too). Because they might just as easily repeat the same speeches we've heard many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Sorry Desmond, I like you but I feel like you should be a lot more cautious when talking about Histogen. We don't know if they are going to present their results, it makes sense that they might and we can almost assume they will, but there are no official or unofficial sources that they intend to, it's just our speculation.

Let's not build expectations from what we speculate that might happen (this applies to Aderans too). Because they might just as easily repeat the same speeches we've heard many times before.
    I dont see a reason why any of these companies would be at such a conference without having something to show. What else would present? Its all about hair.

I dont see a reason why any of these companies would be at such a conference without having something to show. What else would present? Its all about hair.
    Histogen is pretty certain:

May 8 - 11, 2013
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Histogen to present "Embryonic-like cell-secreted proteins induce hair growth in a phase I/II trial in male pattern baldness".

However, regarding Aderans its far from certain that it will present trail results. It's going to be a discussion, not a presentation of trial results it seems.

We don't know that Histogen will add soimething to what they have already published about their results. Hopefully they will give us results over a longer period of time, and of course inform us that they will move to phase 2B/3.

However they also need a licensing agreement with a big company so they can fund further development, and use their sales and marketing infrastructure to launch the product. This is what Dr, Naugthon said 5 months ago, and no agreement regarding HSC has been made public at this time.

Aderans, well they probabably will just repeat what they say at every conference, and not give us enough details to really hope in them so much

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    We don't know that Histogen will add soimething to what they have already published about their results. Hopefully they will give us results over a longer period of time, and of course inform us that they will move to phase 2B/3.

However they also need a licensing agreement with a big company so they can fund further development, and use their sales and marketing infrastructure to launch the product. This is what Dr, Naugthon said 5 months ago, and no agreement regarding HSC has been made public at this time.

Aderans, well they probabably will just repeat what they say at every conference, and not give us enough details to really hope in them so much
    All the more reason for them to keep quiet and for the conference to gain as much exposure as possible. If they say anything prior, a lot less people will be tuned in during and after. Totally defeats the purpose of a conference and releasing information at a proper time. What would be the point to say what theyre going to talk about (giving a clear indication about their results) before theyve dedicated themselves to the set date? Its like youre expecting them to release info before they release info. We'll know soon enough.

The point is now that they show something. The point is whether they will show something new.

Aderans has shown us the same stuff for God knows how long. And Histogen might just show us the same results they advertised in November.

Why? Because they are looking for funding and business development opportunities.