+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Man if you google the researchers (also the ones you didnt mention, but like for example George Cotsarelis, you realize how many people are working on this, apart from the 'usual suspects' like Team Tokyo, that we're following here. It surely is hopeful to read !
    Tell me about it! I also noticed that at least 60% of research mentioned is based in South Korea! God bless those guys man

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Henkeh91 View Post
    Thanks Desmond!

My birthday is in May and I hope that all of them will share some great news. That would be an awesome present!

*Edit* Probably a very stupid question, what does "hair density" mean? Just thicker hair or increased amount of hair?
    Just for your sake I hope they release some amazing results! If you were born in 1991 you don't deserve to be suffering like this...hang in there brother! in 3 weeks we know where we stand

P.S. Hair density is the average number of hairs on your scalp. On average ppl have around 60-100 hairs/cm2 (the variation is based on age and race). So increase in hair density is an increase in Total hair count! So they pretty much generated new hair follicles (or rescued dying vellus ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Just for your sake I hope they release some amazing results! If you were born in 1991 you don't deserve to be suffering like this...hang in there brother! in 3 weeks we know where we stand

P.S. Hair density is the average number of hairs on your scalp. On average ppl have around 60-100 hairs/cm2 (the variation is based on age and race). So increase in hair density is an increase in Total hair count! So they pretty much generated new hair follicles (or rescued dying vellus ones)
    Isn't it 60-100 GRAFTS/cm2?

Grafts contain 1-4 hairs, but on average 2.5 hairs. Thus, not 60-100 hairs/cm2 but 150-250 hairs/cm2.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Isn't it 60-100 GRAFTS/cm2?

Grafts contain 1-4 hairs, but on average 2.5 hairs. Thus, not 60-100 hairs/cm2 but 150-250 hairs/cm2.
    You could be right Hellouser I stand corrected

Wow.. that sounds really good then!

Yea.. I'm born 1991 and struggles everyday with this "sickness" and to make things even worse, my hair loss is pretty severe.

You could be right Hellouser I stand corrected
    I used to think the same since I always thought 100 hairs/cm2 is great density. Technically it is, its about 40 grafts/cm2. Still not enough though for complete restoration, which if were the case, to cover a complete bald head, NW6/7 is about 250-300cm2. Thus, 250 * 90 (grafts) = 22,500 grafts required for a total of 56,250 individual hairs.

We're still a loooong way from a complete cure, but what bothers me is that even if Dr. Lauster decided to release his findings for a suitable treatment, imagine how many holes you'd end up with on your head and the limitation for dense packing. Thus, Tsuji's injections of complete stem cells would dodge this problem entirely giving without the need for an intensive graft-by-graft procedure.

Uh dude, I think you nailed it on the head! That is exactly why I've been rooting for Tsuji all along! Once we have the right medium to culture millions of these stem cells, Germ cell implantation will be the way to get full density back!

But as some have mentioned, we still don't have human data on the Tsuji technique, which got me worried as well! We just have to wait and see I suppose

But, I personally have a lot of hope in Tsuji

Uh dude, I think you nailed it on the head! That is exactly why I've been rooting for Tsuji all along! Once we have the right medium to culture millions of these stem cells, Germ cell implantation will be the way to get full density back!

But as some have mentioned, we still don't have human data on the Tsuji technique, which got me worried as well! We just have to wait and see I suppose

But, I personally have a lot of hope in Tsuji
    I don't think its completely out of reach though, suppose there were some advancements made with transplants in terms of inserting grafts into the scalp allowing for greater density? Perhaps smaller tools and bump up density to about 80 grafts/cm2? Right now I think Gho's limitation is about 55-60 grafts/cm2. Thats not too shabby, and the only procedure I'd be willing to go with; scarless, regeneration at least to some degree (speculation included), but a guarantee of 80% regeneration. Pricey, but having a better life is priceless.

Wait, we could, might be getting topical finasteride as an OTC product?! That'd be pretty big news in itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Wait, we could, might be getting topical finasteride as an OTC product?! That'd be pretty big news in itself...
    And since the serum levels of DHT will decrease by the same amount as with propecia I guess the sides will be the same