+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drnigams View Post

Yes just tell your doctor in your city to use extracellular matrix which is easily available,there will not be any white dots even in fue ...
    By Dr. Cole at HS:
    "The Acell reduced the diameter of hypopigmentation and the degree of hypopigmentation, but Acell, did not eliminate hypopigmentation."

FDA has approved extracellular matrix for wound healing and scar reduction..I am surprised why others have not thought till now...
    Just to let you know:
    A few doctors play with "ACell" since around 2008 and lots of HT docs out there play with ACell since around 2010 - with "MIXED RESULTS".

In my case as you may be aware the stemcells has a role in wound healing..hence no scar .
    That is basically true - but that doesn't mean that your patients CAN get scars.

And concerning your previous long post - sorry, it's too tiresome to comment such a load of bold claims.
    Last edited by Winston; 04-16-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Inappropriate insult removed.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    And concerning your previous long post - sorry, it's too tiresome to comment such a load of bold and incompetent claims.
    LOL. Amazing that you're even responding man. If Extracellular matrix, that's been studied for decades, could COMPLETELY eliminate scar tissue formation, then why is there no such thing as scarless cosmetic surgery ?

I'm not going to respond to the rest of all the claims, in fact, I had said I would never even respond to anything Dr Nigams claims at all, which probably is best.

Do you have any pictures of donors where you have used extracellular matrix in combination with normal FUE Dr. Nigam?

wikepedia.....In terms of injury repair and tissue engineering, the extracellular matrix serves two main purposes. First, it prevents the immune system from triggering from the injury and responding with inflammation and scar tissue. Next, it facilitates the surrounding cells to repair the tissue instead of forming scar tissue.
    One has to understand the scar tissue formation after an injury at the wound site.
    Go through the contents of ecm(as per wikepedia ..not just me)
    2.1 Proteoglycans
    2.1.1 Heparan sulfate
    2.1.2 Chondroitin sulfate
    2.1.3 Keratan sulfate
    2.2 Non-proteoglycan polysaccharide
    2.2.1 Hyaluronic acid
    2.3 Fibers
    2.3.1 Collagen
    2.3.2 Elastin
    2.4 Other
    2.4.1 Fibronectin
    2.4.2 Laminin

3 Cell adhesion to the ECM
    4 Cell types involved in ECM formation

5 Medical applications

it is a long explanation,will explain one day.
    Will also show you wound healing of FUE extraction with no white dots with a patch test.
    Yes my ecm also has stemcells with boosters to give better results.
    ECM is commonly used by plastic surgeons in cases of burns.
    I am not talking of just acell.
    Now i will talk about OUCHLESS NEEDLES...available in usa and fda approved,used by many surgeons..but not by all.
    Just google ouchless needle.
    I use it, if the patient pays for it..you won't have pain ,even of a prick.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    extracellular matrix

Are you sure there wont be any white dots?

Yes TED,show this to the critics...at least if dr cole says they would believe it.
    And its my prediction ,it may be proved wrong...that dr wesleys fue scarless technique will be about special equipmentation to avoid scar and use of such biological material to avoid scars in fue..
    By the way ,i like dr cole...he is also an innovator and communicates freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post

wikepedia.....In terms of injury repair and tissue engineering, the extracellular matrix serves two main purposes. First, it prevents the immune system from triggering from the injury and responding with inflammation and scar tissue. Next, it facilitates the surrounding cells to repair the tissue instead of forming scar tissue.
    Hmmm... what would that 'citation needed' exactly mean, following this quote on wikipedia ? Wouldn't that mean that someone added this to the wikipedia without referring to ANY clinical proof at all ? Can you instead link us to a scientific article/clinical study that shows us that extracellular matrix indeed results in completely scarless healing ?

Anyway, Ironman already summed it up above:

"The Acell reduced the diameter of hypopigmentation and the degree of hypopigmentation, but Acell, did not eliminate hypopigmentation."

Anyway, my last post in this thread, I just can't take this anymore.

Here is what dr.cole experienced with ecm and fue marks.(a pointed out by TED)

Healing with CIT FUE Hair Transplant and Acell

Posted by John P. Cole, MD on Wednesday, January 26, 2011
    Review of: ACEll

Product by:
    John Cole, MD

Reviewed by: John P. Cole, MD

Rating:
    5 Stars

On January 26, 2011
    Last modified:May 22, 2012
    Summary:

More Details

I find this interesting. This is another FUE extraction site treated with ACEll in a hyaluronic acid mixture after 5 weeks. It is still too early to tell if the hair might regrow in the extraction site though I have seen this. It does appear that a single hair is forming in the extraction site, which appear as a black nub. What is interesting is the appearance of a capillary in the skin. These are usually missing following FUE and help lead to the loss of pigment in the extraction site. I’ve done enough FUE to spot extraction sites anytime I look at a donor area even when no hypopigmentation occurs. It is an observation based on experience with FUE. With this donor area, I could not find any evidence that FUE was performed. The red circle is where I would expect a follicular unit to be. The entire donor area looked like this. The black circle is 10 sq mm. I had the dermlite people make this reticule for me.

The long hair after 5 weeks is a result of a completely non-shaven procedure of 1464 grafts. I call this C2G. It is still to early to say for sure because I need more results, but this is an example of what I have seen in donor areas treated fully with ACELL with my method of FUE where I use minimal depth control. The initial problem was treating all the extraction sites with a powder. I overcame this with mixing it in a viscous hyaluronic acid. More recently I have been mixing in a more viscous cellulose. I have a few comparative examples where I am looking at powder, hyaluronic acid, and cellulose. Time will hopefully tell. I think the minimal depth incision technique along with Acell may result in better healing than a full depth incision. Maybe we will see more hair regrowth over time. Maybe not. Still no one could comb through this donor area and find any evidence that a hair transplant had been done. It appears that we really are coming full circle today. Not only have we produced optimal results in the recipient area such that you cannot tell that a hair transplant has been done. Even the trained eye cannot see evidence that a hair transplant was done in the recipient area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post

Here is what dr.cole experienced with ecm and fue marks.
    Google >Dr. Cole on ACell - “That’s not science.”<

...and you will find more details about Dr. Cole's spicy ACell-science.