+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by censur View Post
    So what do you think I should do about the petri dish photo guys?
    I leave in just one day.

And also...what are your comments on my hair loss this far?
    Do I seem like a lost cause? :/
    I don't think you are a lost cause, stay positive. Only you can decide, I think it's a good start to do the front third of your scalp now. Decide how low your hairline should be for your age and go from there. You could use a concealer for the back half and in 1-3 years we'll have more options for hair loss.

I doubt the iphone can create those close up shots people want so if possible buy a cheap/decent camera with macro mode like gc has.

My suggestions

1) Buy camera
    2) Buzz to #1
    3) Take close up pics whole scalp but especially the donor, upload pics here
    to prove you learned to take clear close shots. People will advise if needed. Please do this before you leave.
    4) When there take pics pre-op, post-op and close-up of petri dish.

Thanks in advance and good luck.

If you can do as Dees Dab has suggested, then great.

But if you can only do 1 thing, then I would simply ask you to take a photo of the petri dish.

I did this on the sly, if I had asked them I'm sure they wouldn't have cared less. However there aren't many opportunities to take one!

The only chance I had was after they made the extractions, it was lunch time! Whenever I've had my extractions, after sitting upwards again I always feel slightly light headed, at least for a couple of minutes! They will leave you in the room for about 5 or 10 mins whilst sipping your well earned water It was at the point I took a pic of the petri. I didn't think it was that important back then, however I wish I had taken 3 or 4 pics, as the one I did take was slightly blurry and not good enough to make out how many hairs was attached to each graft. This is what we want to see.

BTW for the petri you can probably do this with your iphone as long as you take a few pics. It's unlikely you'll get it right on your first pic, and take the picture about 5-10 inches away from the actual dish, anything further away and it's blurry mess and a waste of time!

Make sure the flash is on as default, helps big time even especially with crap cameras.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post

The only chance I had was after they made the extractions, it was lunch time! Whenever I've had my extractions, after sitting upwards again I always feel slightly light headed, at least for a couple of minutes! They will leave you in the room for about 5 or 10 mins whilst sipping your well earned water It was at the point I took a pic of the petri.
    Exactly - I did the same during lunch time ...

BUT, as you can see in the 1st photo above - I had a big problem ...

During lunch time, they stored the 2 petri dishes on the tray table in the middle and not on the tray on top - as they did it during the extraction part. That makes taking photos of the grafts difficult; at least, I could only take the photos "blind" - that means, without seeing the digi cam's display and all these photos were, unfortunately, too blurry.

But there are other problems:

Gho's storage medium is basically a clear liquid (like water) - you can see this in the empty petri dish section #3. But the longer the storage time of the grafts, the color of the storage medium changes from rather bloody red to "bleached" red (rather orange) - you can see this change in the 2nd photo above. But bloody red or "bleached red" - it doesn't matter; the change from a clear liquid to a colored liquid - the grafts in the dish can appear in photos more "fleshy" than they are, especially in case if the photos are of poor quality.

All these problems suggest to take photos of the grafts also after around 100-200 extractions or so; doing this is basically no problem at all, if you simply ask during a short break.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HST-Operating-Theatre.jpg

Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	20628   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMs-Petri-Dishes.jpg

Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	20629  

Hey Censur, how did it go?

Did you manage to get a photo of the petri?

the problem with taking a pics of petri is that the grafts will be soaked in the preservation medium which will make them hard to see.
    you can see the pics i took when i went for my op.

Hi guys!

Just wanted to let you know that everything seems to have gone fine.
    I will update with some more information and pictures as soon as I have time, but right now I am travelling and have lots to do.

I will not dissapear from the forum, which some people tend to do after their HST is done.

I have some pictures of the petri dish as well, however, I am not sure that the quality is sufficient. Anyway, I will upload them as well later.

Hi everyone!

Now, lets finally give you my update.
    I did my HST at HASCI on april 22:nd. I had booked a 1200-1400 grafts session. Fortunately, we were able to extract a little more grafts than that. According to HASCI 1535 grafts were extracted.

Feels a bit funny uploading these pictures of my head looking freakishly red and everything. Ah well, here it goes. I will split my update in a couple of posts right after each other.
    The pictures are, unfortunately, with varying quality and taken with different cameras, so this will be no perfect documentation. But at least I hope it should give a decent picture of the procedure. The size of the photos were also pretty scaled down before being able to upload them here, so I guess I could perhaps provide some of the pictures with a bit higher resolution if requested.

The procedure started with taking some before shots and then laying face down as the grafts from the neck and sides were extracted.
    Here are some pictures before the surgery, on the donor area during and after extraction, of the petri dish and finally a picture where the planned hairline has been plotted out.

Name:	Before1.jpg

Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	20875   Click image for larger version

Name:	During_extract1.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	20876   Click image for larger version

Name:	During_extract2.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	20877   Click image for larger version

Name:	Petri1.jpg

Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	20878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Petri2.jpg

Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	20879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Afterextract1.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	20880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Afterextract2.jpg

Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	20881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Plannedhairline.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	20882  

After the hair line had been plotted out with a pen, Mrs Small made all the holes in the recipient area. After that the staff implanted all the grafts in the holes.

First a picture of the donor area a couple of hours after extraction.
    Then some pictures of the recipient area right after the implants.

Name:	Hoursafterextract.jpg

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	20883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Afterimplant1.jpg

Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	20884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Afterimplant2.jpg

Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	20885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Afterimplant3.jpg

Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	20886  

Here is one picture of the recipient area one day after the surgery as well as several pictures of both donor and recipient area taken six days after surgery.
    That's it for this update.

What do you think about the pictures?
    What do you think about my situation? Do these 1500+ grafts feel pretty much like a drop in the ocean, or do you think they will do a massive difference?

If everything turns out well I am counting on doing at least two more of these transplants at HASCI. However, I am still not sure this will be enough to save me from my hair nightmare...

Name:	Onedayafter.jpg

Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	20887   Click image for larger version

Name:	6daysafter_1.jpg

Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	20889   Click image for larger version

Name:	6daysafter_2.jpg

Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	20890   Click image for larger version

Name:	6daysafter_3.jpg

Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	20893   Click image for larger version

Name:	6daysafter_4.jpg

Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	20898   Click image for larger version

Name:	6daysafter_5.jpg

Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	20905   Click image for larger version

Name:	6daysafter_6.jpg

Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	20906   Click image for larger version

Name:	6daysafter_7.jpg

Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	20907  

looks good censur...how many procedures are you planning on having with HASCI?