Histogen questions - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Question Histogen questions

I've just found out about Histogen, and I'd appreciate any help with the following questions,

(a) I have seen on various sites that it may be out in Europe/ the US by 2015, and Asia even sooner (around 2013), if so would this include countries such as Turkey? Would it be recommendable to go to one of these countries for the procedure?

(b) How much would a Histogen injection cost initially in (i) Europe/ the US, and (ii) Asian countries such as Turkey or China, I'd imagine the latter would be a lot less expensive.

(c) How long would the injection work for?

(d) Would it do anything to the donor area in the same way that a HT does?

(e) How long would it take for the effects to work after an injection?

(f) Would it still be wise to use the Big 3 in conjunction with Histogen?

(g) Would it be true that it would not be a good idea to get a hair transplant if considering Histogen, and if so - why?

(h) And most importantly, would it regrow hair for say a NW 2.5 around the temples as well as maintaining hair?

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    I've just found out about Histogen, and I'd appreciate any help with the following questions,

(a) I have seen on various sites that it may be out in Europe/ the US by 2015, and Asia even sooner (around 2013), if so would this include countries such as Turkey? Would it be recommendable to go to one of these countries for the procedure?
    Timelines are all speculation at this point. I would just say that regulatory agencies like the FDA do exist for a reason, and while they may sometimes slow down advancement more than is necessary, safety is important, and I'd personally be hesitant to opt in to a cosmetic procedure before it had FDA (or some equivalent agency) approval.

(b) How much would a Histogen injection cost initially in (i) Europe/ the US, and (ii) Asian countries such as Turkey or China, I'd imagine the latter would be a lot less expensive.
    Depends on how effective it is, and how Histogen much control exerts over the price. Histogen will own the procedure, and they can probably dictate a minimum cost, regardless of where the doctor is that's actually doing the injection. I believe the official word is that it will be "competitively priced" compared to hair transplants, so maybe a couple thousand US dollars.

(c) How long would the injection work for?
    Based on the data released so far, at least a year.

(d) Would it do anything to the donor area in the same way that a HT does?
    Not sure what 'donor area' would mean in this context. If it can generate new follicles, then in theory you could create more hair in the donor area which could then be used as part of a traditional transplant.

(e) How long would it take for the effects to work after an injection?
    Don't think it's ever been mentioned.

(f) Would it still be wise to use the Big 3 in conjunction with Histogen?
    No evidence that it would be harmful, and blocking DHT would probably make regenerated follicles last longer.

(g) Would it be true that it would not be a good idea to get a hair transplant if considering Histogen, and if so - why?
    If you think that Histogen might be the final answer we've all be waiting for, I'd avoid the hair transplant. Not because it wouldn't still work, necessarily, but because you'd be permanently scarring your scalp for no reason.

(h) And most importantly, would it regrow hair for say a NW 2.5 around the temples as well as maintaining hair?
    Don't think we know yet. The pictures I remember seeing for male subjects have mostly been of the crown area.

I can't believe someone who is clearly not new in the forum (due to the nuber of posts) will start a thread to ask these questions

Ok, I feel the most important question here hasn't been answered yet and that is - would I be ok for future histogen use if I get a FUT hair transplant (NW2.5 to N.1 approx), or would I be forever unable to reap the benefits of Histogen as a result of getting a transplant? I read a few posts on another forum suggesting this, and I'm beginning to worry - because I don't know if it was just the personal opinion of the posters, or if in fact it the general consensus that a HT is a bad idea before Histogen, and that Histogen will not work on the transplanted hairs. Is this true or false?

Thank you.

Hey Dav7,

Dr Ziering signed up a patient well over 6 months a go who was NW5 and was injecting Histogen into the sleek bald areas to see what would happen!

These results should answer your question! If there was noticeable growth then Hair transplant at this point is definitely a bad idea!

If only tiny vellus hairs grew back after 2 sets of injections then go ahead and get your hairline fixed!

At least hold out, till we get this update by Dr. Ziering or Histogen!

Cheers brother

cheers brother
    just like Desmond lol

Don't understand why a HT before Histogen is a bad idea??

Even if u get a HT, histogen will hopefully thicken up the already miniaturized hairs in the forelock area. So u will have thicker pre existing hairs AND permanent DHT resistant hairs from the HT.

No??

Don't understand why a HT before Histogen is a bad idea??

Even if u get a HT, histogen will hopefully thicken up the already miniaturized hairs in the forelock area. So u will have thicker pre existing hairs AND permanent DHT resistant hairs from the HT.

No??
    HTs create scar tissue in both the donor areas and the recipient areas. No one knows whether any of the next generation hair loss treatments will grow hair in scar tissue.

With HTs there is a risk that grafts won't take but will nonetheless create scar tissue in the recipient area. If that happens to you, and it turns out that Histogen, Aderans, et al, can't grow hair in scar tissue, then you'd be screwed. This is why so many people are reluctant to get HTs until we have answers to some of the questions regarding next generation treatments.

If this new scarless transplant happens to be for real than i don't see why not you can get that done before histogen. There is no way histogen will be able to regrow your hairline. Hair transplant + histogen has to be the answer for us.

Junior Member suruchipurimakeovers's Avatar

Nice Information.