+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by arturmeireles View Post
    What you guys think about artificial hair implant?

Probably the worst thing you could ever do.

Think about it, it'd be the same hair there FOREVER, it'd degrade over time and look like crap, then there's infection and rejection issues.
    The body doesn't like foreign objects being in it.

it's all up to you mate, but if i were in your place, i would get an HST or wait for dr. wesely scarless FUE (not sure how well this will work yet). with those 2 procedures you will get no scar on the donor area, so you can fix your hairline and have coverage all over and keep your hair buzzed, with your level of hairloss you might not have a thick coverage, but you can get over that with the buzzcut, plus a buzzcut with a hairline and overall coverage will look much better than the bald look.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Hair loss commonly causes desperation in men. On the other hand, some men simply don't care about their hair loss at all. As I have mentioned before in this forum, I have a bald friend in his 40's who is a Norwood 6. He's about 5'5" tall and more popular with women than any man I have ever known. He simply doesn't care at all about being bald. He has a positive attitude and an outgoing personality, women seem to love.

At Dr. Cole's office, we see repair patients on a regular basis who were under the false impression that ANY hair is better than NO hair. I personally learned the hard way, that is simply not true. An unnatural looking transplant or even worse, fake implants are far worse than being bald. No man wants to spend years of his life looking like a failed hair restoration experiment and there are doctors out there who WILL do that to you.

Photos can be deceptive. Just to be sure, do a couple of in-person consults with reputable hair restoration doctors. Also remember that as we age, our hair often becomes thinner even in the "safe zone". I am not a doctor, but IMO, at this point, you should learn about non-surgical treatments that are beneficial to hair growth.

Many men with hair loss have expressed their frustration in forums regarding promising treatments and possible cures for MPB that have never materialized. It is possible that a "curve-ball" cure could seemingly come out of nowhere. I personally believe that for the time being, extending the donor supply with products such as ACell will eventually pave the way for a cure. Working at Dr. Cole's office, I have had the opportunity to read studies other hair restoration doctors have conducted that show great promise in eventually unraveling the mystery of MPB. In a recent study, Dr. Cole used ACell in extraction sites within a 1cm square in our patient's scalp donor area. The healing is remarkable 34 days after surgery. Dr. Cole tattooed the corners of the square and spent a great deal of time locating extraction sites. Out of 12 extraction sites, he could only find 4 with magnifying loupes. Dr. Cole confirmed 5 of the extraction sites were growing hair. Where he extracted follicular units with multiple hairs, he is seeing only single hairs growing back in the donor sites. Five out of the twelve extraction sites are growing single hairs. I shot a lengthy video on my Galaxy S3 of Dr. Cole searching for extraction sites with the aid of magnifying loupes. I view the amount of time it took Dr. Cole to locate extraction sites in a 1cm square as a positive development for patients who are not only concerned about scarring, but need to maximize their donor supply.

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Liquid-Bandage.jpg

Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	20540  

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    Probably the worst thing you could ever do.

Think about it, it'd be the same hair there FOREVER, it'd degrade over time and look like crap, then there's infection and rejection issues.
    The body doesn't like foreign objects being in it.
    Definitely stay away from artificial hair transplants! If going to go artificial, better to go with a non-surgical hair system.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin