+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Got 2 opinions from different docs. Dr.Bisanga v.s. Dr. Umar. PLEASE HELP!!!

Last year I went to Dr. Bisanga in Belgium for a consultation. He recommended me combination around 2800-3000 with Strip and 800-1000 with FUE but you need to come off steroids 3 weeks prior to surgery because of potential healing issues and no body building activity for a full 6 weeks after surgery to make sure the suture line won't stretch. Today I sent dr. Bisanga updated pics of my scalp and he said that "Your scalp donor looks very weak as you say and worse than a year ago from photos.
    You do not have much chest hair and therefore only beard hair is available and this cannot be used for the hair line, so in essence a very large area to cover and in all probability not a venture that will meet your goals and many thousands of grafts would be needed over a lot of surgery as we limit beard grafts to 1,000 grafts at a time.

So, very expensive, long road, and not guarantee we could get the numbers to reach your goals, also the problem of creating a soft hair line is not possible with beard grafts.

So what should you do? For us, do nothing. You look natural and to be honest you are a poor candidate for surgery.

If you wish to see others then of course those are options but make sure to see people in the flesh who have had extensive work with beard.

Debatable if your goals can be met with beard only as would take as said a lot.

Personally we feel best to do nothing, but others have different protocols so we cannot speak for them. We just do not want you to pay a lot of money to us and we do not reach your goals.

Please accept our apologies that we do not feel in good conscience to offer you surgery and wish you all the best in your decisions should you decide to proceed or no elsewhere."

Of course I'm VERY sad to hear this from BHR clinic.
    In the other hand I sent the same pics to dr. Umar and he said "Thank you for sending the photos. You have enough head, beard and body donor supply to allow for any level of restoration from the options I have given you."

What you guys think I should do?!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fotografia 1.JPG

Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	20481   Click image for larger version

Name:	fotografia 2.JPG

Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	20482   Click image for larger version

Name:	fotografia 3.JPG

Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	20483   Click image for larger version

Name:	fotografia 4.JPG

Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	20484   Click image for larger version

Name:	fotografia 5.JPG

Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	20485   Click image for larger version

Name:	fotografia 7.JPG

Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	20486   Click image for larger version

Name:	fotografia 8.JPG

Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	20487  

If I were you I would shave it down and try and forget about it. I agree with Bisanga that you aren't a candidate for surgery.

Looking at your pics I think you have a good head shape to shave down.

Bisanga is being honest with you, so you should listen to him. I know it sucks to think that you have no options, but there is nothing wrong with shaving and seeing how things go for you. You can always revisit things when we have better options. Be smart and listen to Dr. Bisanga and don't act out of desperation.

Bisanga is king,

it proves he cares about patients

Not many drs are as honest and they would bend truth, twist words, make promisses to get you into the chair...when you go back to complain it would be cliche 'you had unrealistic expectations and other garbage'

Agreed, shave and move on. SMP may be a good option once you shave down.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

wait for a couple of months for dr wesleys scarless fue, you could redistribute hairs on your head and look decent....if it works as claimed i see no risk in going for it

Temp SMP in meantime

What does SMP means?

I wouldn't give up, I would get on finasteride/or dutasteride and rogaine and see what it does for you in a couple of years, then see if you are a better candidate for HT. I have seen plenty of guys worse than you come back because they refused to quit.

However, if you do not want to use hair loss meds then I agree with every one else's advice.

What you guys think about artificial hair implant?

It looks like you're around a NW6 with very thin donor hair, you'd only ever achieve a thin wisp of hair on top of your head.

Shave it and move on.