+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conditioners

Default Conditioners

How often do you guys shampoo and what is your shampoo and conditioner routine for the week? Would shampooing daily with regenepure DR thin or damage my hair? I also need some conditioner suggestions...should I be using hairloss specialized conditioner or just some random non-chemical conditioner?

I don't know what this regene stuff is, but I can tell you what I use - organic, sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner. I wash and condition every day. Once a week I use 2% Nizoral + my normal conditioner. It is completely untrue that washing your too much causes hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by jackk View Post
    I don't know what this regene stuff is, but I can tell you what I use - organic, sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner. I wash and condition every day. Once a week I use 2% Nizoral + my normal conditioner. It is completely untrue that washing your too much causes hair loss.
    So is the shampooing too much causes hair to thin apply to shampoos with chemicals in them?

I shampoo/condition my head every day twice a day with Avalon Organics Biotin B Complex Shampoo and Conditioner. I've been doing this for 2 weeks straight. Nothing bad to report. I don't use the shampoo/conditioner for any benefit for my hair at all, it's simply to rub off the Toppik off my hair. But I go ahead and give myself a full shampooing any way. Nothing negative to report, my hair does not fall out or anything like that.

Edit: Sorry, I shampoo my head in the day to get the Rogaine liquid I apply at night off, as well as the clobetasol, and then I apply Rogaine foam. Then at night I shampoo my head to get the Toppik off my head, and then apply Rogaine liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul2013 View Post
    So is the shampooing too much causes hair to thin apply to shampoos with chemicals in them?
    No, there's no evidence to suggest that any shampoos cause hair loss. They may however cause irritation to your scalp. Organic shampoos are gentler and reduce the risk of inflammation of the scalp.

No, there's no evidence to suggest that any shampoos cause hair loss. They may however cause irritation to your scalp. Organic shampoos are gentler and reduce the risk of inflammation of the scalp.
    What about all the websites that say using sulfate shampoo dries out hair
    causing scalp to produce more sebrum and thus clogging hair folicles (or pores)
    and thus contributing to mpb

What about all the websites that say using sulfate shampoo dries out hair
    causing scalp to produce more sebum and thus clogging hair folicles (or pores)
    and thus contributing to mpb

As I said, no EVIDENCE - just lots of websites saying lots of things.

The known cause of MPB is genetics and DHT. Everything else is just noise.

Sure, it can't hurt to maintain a healthy scalp though and using a sulphate-free shampoo is part of this.