+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommendations

Default Recommendations

Hello community:

Can ask for your time to make some suggestions as to how prevent my condition. Some info about me. I'm 21, some of my relatives have hairloss most don't. I eat pretty healthily, McD's 4 times a year or so. Ive used the product mindoxidil for about 7 months or so and didn't think it was working. So i stop using it during the summer and its may now. I've noticed a pretty significant loss, at an seemingly faster rate. I'm currently trying that nizoral ketoconazole shampoo. Is there any advice to be given? Should I consider a transplant? and what to expect from Nizoral? Attached is a photo of the hairline
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0849.jpg

Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	20469  

You should have stayed on minoxidil. The gains aren't as obvious as you would think, they are very subtle at first. 7 months is not enough but I bet you were getting some success that was just not visible to you at the moment. That happens to me but I just stick with it. I suggest to get back on it

Ever considered finasteride?

If you are not already stopping or slowing down your hair loss, a hair transplant could only do so much for several years. The other native hair that have MPB and you are not treating are going to keep falling and the HT hairs would be all alone up there, as a result you'll end up going back for multiple hair transplants.

I have considered finasteride, I'm just waiting to consult a doctor. Is it the best option? Do you think nizoral shampoo will have any benefit?

Finasteride has the potential for sexual sides, research these before committing.

Default Update

Hello Community:

Its been about a year since I started my Propecia and Nizoral regime. I'm not really sure If I have made progress, but it seems to me the recession has only continued. Tell me what you think of the pictures below (which are from the same day).These pictures are not the at best quality or angle so it may be difficult to make an accurate speculation. Also I should I note that I am adding grape seed extract and saw palmetto berry liquid extract (topical) to my regimen. I also have been considering adding minoxidil. Should I wait another year before introducing minoxidil?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1868 copy.jpg

Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	25089   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1867.jpg

Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	25090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1866.jpg

Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	25091  

MPB right now is simply a war you have no chance at winning without finasteride. Minox is good and yes you should get on that, but without finasteride your not going to win. I guess even with it you might not win, but there are good reasons despite its sides so many people still say to use it. Nothing else works remotely as good

I would say the propecia is working at least to stabilize your hair. You are about the 10 month mark from your original post. Sometimes it takes longer before you are able to see results. I would say give it at least a year to 18 months before deciding whether it is working or not. Keep in mind that "working" doesn't necessarily mean regrowth. I use minoxidil and would recommend that you get on it also. Might as well throw everything at it at this point.