Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Breaking Bald
    • Aug 2012

Can Rogaine cause temple regrowth?

Can Rogaine cause temple regrowth if you are only applying it to the crown? I always thought it could

Or do you have to be applying it to the temples?
  • 25 going on 65
    • Sep 2010

You need to apply it where you want it to have an effect

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
      • Jan 2011

Apply it on the temples to get possible temple regrowth.

Finasteride on the other hand, would work for your whole scalp. But like I said yesterday, it takes much longer to see hairline/temple regrowth. Probably twice as long as crown regrowth.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
        • Aug 2012

Guess I was wrong then. How much should you apply to the temples? I apply half a cap full to crown as recommended, should I just apply a little to the temples? Is applying it at the temples not more likely to cause side effects?

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
          • Jan 2011

With liquid, I apply 1ml on the crown and middle, and 1ml in the temples.

With foam, I do not know how to measure it but I use some in the crown, some in the middle, and some in the temples.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
            • Jan 2011

The only side effects I notice on minoxidil are dark circles around the eye.

Comment

• Aames
              Inactive
              • Nov 2012

Yeah man, minox works pretty much anywhere from what I am experiencing. It made me grow hair that connects my eyebrows to my hairline.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Aames
                Yeah man, minox works pretty much anywhere from what I am experiencing. It made me grow hair that connects my eyebrows to my hairline.
                I know what you are talking about. Those always gave me false hope that something was going to start happening on my whole hairline, but all I got to see was vellus hairs popping up on my hairline, but terminal hairs that connect my eyebrow and hairline.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                  all I got to see was vellus hairs popping up on my hairline, but terminal hairs that connect my eyebrow and hairline.
                  That sucks but your wording made me laugh

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
                    That sucks but your wording made me laugh
                    Lol.

It's more like the temple, the very corner of the temple, you know what i'm talking about? The temple side that is right next to the eyebrow? Bunch of terminal hairs start growing there. Looks like the start of something good but only vellus hairs show up on the rest of the hairline.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                      • Aug 2012

Conflicting views here...So can it or can't it? Because if it can't then that is worrying because my temples are getting worse...

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                        • Jan 2011

Rogaine can not cause temple regrowth if you are not using it on the temples. If you want to see temple regrowth, apply rogaine on the temples.

Comment

• aim4hair
                          • Aug 2011

Im diffused, so i apply 1/2 to 3/4 a cap on the crown, middle, and front (nw6 pattern), but again i buzz my hair grade 2 usually, so i can easly rub that amount all over my head.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by aim4hair
                            Im diffused, so i apply 1/2 to 3/4 a cap on the crown, middle, and front (nw6 pattern), but again i buzz my hair grade 2 usually, so i can easly rub that amount all over my head.
                            Any joy with temples regrowth aim4hair?

Well this is unfortunate news as I had hoped that my temples were shedding due to minoxidil working...I guess it is just mpb progressing errruuugghh the temples are getting to NW3 status now...

Comment

• aim4hair
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
                              Any joy with temples regrowth aim4hair?

Well this is unfortunate news as I had hoped that my temples were shedding due to minoxidil working...I guess it is just mpb progressing errruuugghh the temples are getting to NW3 status now...
                              Im not really sure man, i had an HT to fix my hairline and midfront area and started with minox right after that hoping it will either grow more hair or maintain the little i had before HT. so i can't tell if minox did anything or the hair growing is just the transplanted hair.

Comment

Working...