+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair transplant? Surgeon suggestions that suit my case

I have receding temples, thinning on top and a thinning crown. I've decided after lots of late nights researching (and of course some help on here) that I really want to explore the option of a transplant.*

I'm thinking that FUE would be a better option for me (unless anyone here thinks FUT would be more beneficial) and my plan was to get a small(ish) procedure to fill in my temples and in the future get more procedures to slowly follow my hair loss back (if that makes sense).

I live in the UK but appreciate that I will most likely have to travel. Can people suggest which surgeons would be best for my case? Ideally in Europe but I'm not ruling anything out just yet. I'd like to find the best surgeon for me rather than the closest.*

*I know I'm younger than most surgeons would like but I feel I should at least be looking into it as much as possible.*

Thanks in advance for anyone's help *

ukcali,

There are a number of surgeons recommended in Belgium in the IAHRS and one clinic in the UK.

Belgium- Dr Feriduni, Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba
    Uk- Dr Bessam & Nilofer Farjo

Dr Devroye also does good work in Belgium.

If you want Fue, then I would probably suggest you travel to Belgium, as Farjo have only recently started doing Fue in small procedures and I have not seen any documented cases as of yet.

Just keep an open mind as you might be bettter suited to one or the other procedures, or even a combination of both if you decide to follow the surgical route.

You can have free online consultations with the clinics, but ideally it would be better to have a face to face consultation.

Read the forums and do your research.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

You consider going to visit Dr. Farjo in the UK. They are a very honest clinic and will explain all of the pros and cons of FUE vs. FUT. Then you will be able to make a more educated decision.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

You didn't actually mention your age, but if you're very young you should probably be conservative, especially if you're heading to a higher stage on the Norwood scale.

Is your loss rapid and are you making successful use of any treatments for it?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks everyone for your help so far. It's very much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    You didn't actually mention your age, but if you're very young you should probably be conservative, especially if you're heading to a higher stage on the Norwood scale.

Is your loss rapid and are you making successful use of any treatments for it?
    What do you mean by conservative? Do you mean with the hairline?

I've been using Rogaine for about a year and it isn't working. My hair has got worse. I have thought long and hard about propecia and actually agreed to take it with my doctor but at the last minute chickened out. I just feel the potential side affects are too big a risk to take.

I'm 21 but will be 22 this summer & won't be getting anything done until at least then. I understand many surgeons don't like doing it under the age of 30 but for me I am struggling to hide it with my receding temples. My crown is less of an issue to cover up and I'd be happy to put off any work there until later. I just feel that if it could restore my hairline it would give me more styling options (at least for a while) and then as my natural hair receds I can "chase" it with more procedures. Not ideal I know but having spent every spare moment I have researching it I feel that this would be the best decision for me. I could perhaps look at using beard hair ect further down the line (again I know this should be looked at as a last option but as I said before I'm just thinking about planning ahead for the future)

If you're planning ahead for the future, you should seriously consider propecia as it will halt your hair loss, which you will need to do if you get a transplant. If you leave it you will just lose more hair, instead of saving what you have.

I don't know much about the Uk surgeon but I would consider dr ferudini of Belgium .

hi shan is that your hairline in that pic? It looks perfect.

also have you had a ht and which doc did you use?

That is my hairline in this picture. I would say its just a normal hairline. I don't believe there is a perfect hairline. you either recede or you don't.
    I certainly don't believe there is a Norwood 0 as so many unhappy people make out to be. I definitely would not want to be Norwood 1 like when i was 15 years old
    I have not had a Transplant.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I have to agree that in the photo your hairline looks really good. I understand that photos often do not tell the real story. However, you are very young and should be conservative if you decide to move forward with a procedure.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile