+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here smokes

Default Who here smokes

Just curious. I do myself.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

I use to a lot for 5 years but went cold turkey for a year and bow can't stand the taste of it or smell. I still smoke sometimes when I drink though but not as much as I use to (used to buy two packs on the night I planned to drink and maybe on avg half to a full pack a day depending on mood).

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    I use to a lot for 5 years but went cold turkey for a year and bow can't stand the taste of it or smell. I still smoke sometimes when I drink though but not as much as I use to (used to buy two packs on the night I planned to drink and maybe on avg half to a full pack a day depending on mood).
    So you're off the fags a year, tell me - how long did it take for you to get over the cravings, or do you still get them?

Another general question here if anybody would care to answer it - does smoking negatively affect hair loss?

I do not smoke but my wife does. She finds it extremely difficult to quit. Its very addictive and expensive.

You raise a good question of what it does to our hair. I dont know

I should go research it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    So you're off the fags a year, tell me - how long did it take for you to get over the cravings, or do you still get them?

Another general question here if anybody would care to answer it - does smoking negatively affect hair loss?
    This is just an educated guess but if smoking results in poor circulation then your hair might not be getting as many nutrients as it could be if you did not smoke.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post

I didn't have cravings for it. Smoking always gave me a bit of dizziness and nausea and a sour taste in my mouth but i just did it socially since I was always on campus.

It became a habit which is why it was hard to stop. Standing at the bus stop, waiting for class, standing in a group, I jsut needed smoething to have ni my hand. An oral fixation. I never get cravings at all. It was easier for me cause when I'm back at home with parenst, I don't smoke because my parents would kill me if I smoke and I'd feel shameful even if they didn't care. After I stopped, yes, it hit me when doing nothing I felt like I wanted to hold a cig so it looked like I had something to do (anxiety maybe?) but the habit of holding the cig stopped and I don't ever think about smoking or buying cigs even. When I'm on campus however and I meet buddies who stayed back, seeing them smoke makes me feel like having one but I remind myself how it made me feel and how the taste is disgusting.

That's also another reason aprtially for why I qit smoking. When I got on the medications, I figure if I'm doing this for my hair, I might as well go healthy and see how far it takes me in my progress rather than just taking meds and doing something that negatively affects hair. I for one, don't know if smoking affects hairloss but I felt like if I still smoked while taking meds, it's like half assing the treatment.

I seen lots of arab guys smoking and hipsters from year one and stills ee those guys on campus frmo time to time and they still smoke. Their hair looks the same. So I'm assuming its genetics.

just a few a day, helps relieve stress

Inactive

Smoking doesn't really affect hair loss but I don't see why you would want to continue. At the very least, switch to e-cigs since you still get the nicotine but without damaging teeth, skin, respiratory health, etc.

Hmmm, I used to smoke regularly, but i stopped about a month back. I guess i was afraid that it was causing me to loose hair, and there is an article on belgravia that supports this. Neways, healthwise i feel better stopping smoking, my lips had darkened , now they are back to light pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Smoking doesn't really affect hair loss but I don't see why you would want to continue. At the very least, switch to e-cigs since you still get the nicotine but without damaging teeth, skin, respiratory health, etc.
    I know.

Why doesnt the government ban the burning of tobacco and just have folks some those things.No cancer. No second hand smoke . No lung damage.

Why dont they just do that?