+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who here smokes

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Just curious. I do myself.
    I don't understand many people smoke.. what you exactly want to knwo ?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rothandy View Post
    I don't understand many people smoke.. what you exactly want to knwo ?
    Both parents smoked growing up. It was quite a different world when I grew up. Men and women walked through supermarkets smoking cigarettes, cigars, and pipes while shopping. People smoked in restaurants and crushed their cigarettes out on their plates. I used to dread sitting next to a booth in a restaurant having to smell a smoldering cigarette left by someone. Years ago, George Harrison made the comment that cigarettes are more addicting than heroin.

Hair restoration doctor, Sharon Keene wrote a series of hair growth articles in the hair transplant trade magazine called "Forum". She cited cigarette smoking as detrimental to healthy hair growth. Cigarettes raise testosterone levels and constricts blood vessels. These were epigenetic identical twin studies. On the other hand, there are a lot of men and women who have smoked for years who have great heads of hair. So cigarettes most likely only have a 3% to perhaps an 8% detrimental effect on hair. Just my guesstimate.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Default re:

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    Both parents smoked growing up. It was quite a different world when I grew up. Men and women walked through supermarkets smoking cigarettes, cigars, and pipes while shopping. People smoked in restaurants and crushed their cigarettes out on their plates. I used to dread sitting next to a booth in a restaurant having to smell a smoldering cigarette left by someone. Years ago, George Harrison made the comment that cigarettes are more addicting than heroin.

Hair restoration doctor, Sharon Keene wrote a series of hair growth articles in the hair transplant trade magazine called "Forum". She cited cigarette smoking as detrimental to healthy hair growth. Cigarettes raise testosterone levels and constricts blood vessels. These were epigenetic identical twin studies. On the other hand, there are a lot of men and women who have smoked for years who have great heads of hair. So cigarettes most likely only have a 3% to perhaps an 8% detrimental effect on hair. Just my guesstimate.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Hey man cig smoking is is bad not only for the hair growth but it has very bad impact on our health. I don't understand how people can play with their health.

I do not smoke but my wife does. She finds it extremely difficult to quit. Its very addictive and expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    I do not smoke but my wife does. She finds it extremely difficult to quit. Its very addictive and expensive.
    Has she tried Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking? That worked for me.

I used to smoke like a mo-fo, but gave u awhile ago. I do wonder about the link between smoking and baldness, because I don't know it's coincidence or not, but of my friends from high school that I'm still in contact with, the ones who smoked cigarettes have all become bald to some extent (including me), and the ones who haven't all still have full heads of hair.

I do not smoke and I do not recommend you to do it

I do rarely

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Just curious. I do myself.
    I do not smoke, I know that it is harmful. Health must be protected.

work,study and home - and all those things will go easy if we`ll take care of ourselves.

i'm smoking about 20 years