+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by WINGER View Post
    You deserve to be bald you ****!
    OMFG look groundbreaking new forum to discuss hair loss has just been released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BudskiiHD View Post
    Hey, I am currently in your old position, 0.25mg EOD no side effects at all, everything as normal. Was thinking to bump up to 0.25mg ED, having second thoughts after reading your post. I'm pretty damn confident I won't have any side effects tho. When you started 0.25mg ED, after how many days/weeks did your penis "die" ?
    3 weeks give or take

I kept a log (weird I know but very useful when looking back) so I'm 100% on that number and everything else I wrote

Oh and I was 22 when I took it (23 now) so hopefully it was just a case of my hormones still raging and I'll be fine if I take it again when older.

I'm on 0.25mg every day. I initially started on the recommended 1mg daily dose and started to notice sides on the 4th day. They were very minor and barely noticeable at first but by day 12 it was starting to become uncomfortable. The sides included short periods of achey ball (yes just the one) and short periods of general discomfort/increased sensitivity in the prostate region. My scalp also started tingling on the 4th day, mainly around the crown but also general spots on the top of my head. I can't say that I've consciously noticed a shed, but I wouldn't be surprised if the tingling indicates it's happening.

I decided to lower my daily dosage. I didnt take any fin on days 13-16 as I wanted the increasingly irritable sides to go away, which fortunately they did. From day 17 onwards I have been taking 0.25mg every day and I'm pleased to say that the sides have stopped. I still get occasional tingles on my scalp, but this causes me no discomfort and actually feels rather nice and soothing. I'm hoping it's a sign the drug is working in some way. Absolutely no lowering of libido or any sexual sides thus far (thank God). I'm coming upto 6 weeks. Will check back whenever I get any updates... not expecting to see anything for at least another couple of months yet.

This is what I would use if I tried it to stop a maturing hair line. I just worry long term about using any drug even propecia. Long term I cant imagine any good scenario from strongly inhibiting DHT except more hair I guess. I just dont know if my health is worth it for my hair just any risk even slight is it really worth it? Its a hard question and I understand fully why many men just accept hair loss. Propecia is a risky game to play IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post

P.S. In approximately 3% of population finasteride doesn't work due to some type of genetic mutation.
    Desmond-bro! Is this also true for dutasteride?

I'm pretty damn sure I fall into that 3% for finasteride. No DHT reduction and been on fin at the full dose 2+ months.