+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Desmond, I read your whole story about Finasteride. Very cool.

I do not know if you've been following my updates regarding this effectiveness. I did several blood tests to observe some reduction in DHT (which is what we want when we are in Finasteride) but nothing happened when one gives an administration that is not daily, see:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13415

I am pursuing now for a test of 0.5 mg daily and do other blood tests at the end of August. Some studies indicated that DHT remained low even after a few days, others (including the instructions Finasteride) say that in 12 hours there is nothing else in the body.

Many spoke that DHT would take some time to rise to the level before, but when we talk about hormones, this statement may be totally wrong, just relate to insulin or several other hormones that are extremely dynamic in terms of oscillation levels and act very quickly . DHT is a hormone extremely potent and my conclusion is that if the doses are not daily, not effectively.

I wonder if you're doing blood tests to find some real effectiveness about DHT levels in this model that you are following.

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    Desmond, I read your whole story about Finasteride. Very cool.

I do not know if you've been following my updates regarding this effectiveness. I did several blood tests to observe some reduction in DHT (which is what we want when we are in Finasteride) but nothing happened when one gives an administration that is not daily, see:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=13415

I am pursuing now for a test of 0.5 mg daily and do other blood tests at the end of August. Some studies indicated that DHT remained low even after a few days, others (including the instructions Finasteride) say that in 12 hours there is nothing else in the body.

Many spoke that DHT would take some time to rise to the level before, but when we talk about hormones, this statement may be totally wrong, just relate to insulin or several other hormones that are extremely dynamic in terms of oscillation levels and act very quickly . DHT is a hormone extremely potent and my conclusion is that if the doses are not daily, not effectively.

I wonder if you're doing blood tests to find some real effectiveness about DHT levels in this model that you are following.
    Yeah, I've been reading and following all your posts very closely and it's all very interesting! Your blood work on Keratene was especially eye-opening to say the least...

With regards to your blood test with Fin, I really don't know what to say! Physiologically speaking, finateride is an irreversible 5-ar inhibitor...it takes your body 3-4 days to produce more 5-ar so in theory at least TWICE WEEKLY dosing should work!

I'm happy with this dose as it's working for me and my experience with fin wasn't exactly side-effect free as you know! A whole bunch of other ppl may also be able to now take fin thx to lower dosing! So it's definitely worth a shot...

Another idea would be to get a second blood work done from a different lab..maybe these guys have faulty devices! It does happen.

P.S. In approximately 3% of population finasteride doesn't work due to some type of genetic mutation. so there is a small possibility you may be in that group (although I really hope not brother) and most probably is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by WINGER View Post
    Yeah I have Their animal studies were mind-blowing as well! Let's see if their new protocol delivers man...I really hope so

Quote Originally Posted by WINGER View Post
    Holy shit I havent heard that interview.

Who the hell is this David Hall guy? And why didnt anyone tell me about this company called Replicel???

Man the things you learn on here.

Exclamation Significant breakthrough!!!!!

OMFG guys check this company out they are on the verge of a breakthrough!!!!!!

http://www.aderansresearch.com/

UK you taking the p*ss!!??

You deserve to be bald you ****!

I started taking fin back in Aug 2012 with a dosage of 0.25mg eod, im not sure how effective it was but I did notice an increase in shedding, more importantly I had literally no negative side effects (strong morning erections every day plus masturbation or sex with no problem).

After 4 months I decided to move up to 0.25 mg ed, after a few weeks shedding stopped drastically, I found no hairs on my pillow in the morning and barely lost 10 hairs in the shower whereas before I would lose 30-50, however my penis pretty much died: no morning erections, and getting hard was very difficult and when I did get hard it was only at 50% strength so I got off completely. I was only on 0.25mg ed for 6 weeks. After getting off everything went back to normal within 2 weeks. I also don't think it was placebo as I was very confident fin didn't effect me negatively after being on it for 4 months at eod.

I started minox in Jan 2013 and if been on that ever since, I think its slowed down my hair loss.

I tried taking fin again in June but a single dosage at 0.25mg stopped my morning erections, I don't know if that was placebo or my body remembering the effects fin had on me before but I haven't been on fin since and probably won't get on it again. Right now I'm checking out cb-03-01, Indo/chromo or ru, but haven't decided on anything yet

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I started taking fin back in Aug 2012 with a dosage of 0.25mg eod, im not sure how effective it was but I did notice an increase in shedding, more importantly I had literally no negative side effects (strong morning erections every day plus masturbation or sex with no problem).

After 4 months I decided to move up to 0.25 mg ed, after a few weeks shedding stopped drastically, I found no hairs on my pillow in the morning and barely lost 10 hairs in the shower whereas before I would lose 30-50, however my penis pretty much died: no morning erections, and getting hard was very difficult and when I did get hard it was only at 50% strength so I got off completely. I was only on 0.25mg ed for 6 weeks. After getting off everything went back to normal within 2 weeks. I also don't think it was placebo as I was very confident fin didn't effect me negatively after being on it for 4 months at eod.

I started minox in Jan 2013 and if been on that ever since, I think its slowed down my hair loss.

I tried taking fin again in June but a single dosage at 0.25mg stopped my morning erections, I don't know if that was placebo or my body remembering the effects fin had on me before but I haven't been on fin since and probably won't get on it again. Right now I'm checking out cb-03-01, Indo/chromo or ru, but haven't decided on anything yet
    Hey, I am currently in your old position, 0.25mg EOD no side effects at all, everything as normal. Was thinking to bump up to 0.25mg ED, having second thoughts after reading your post. I'm pretty damn confident I won't have any side effects tho. When you started 0.25mg ED, after how many days/weeks did your penis "die" ?