+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Started Propecia 4/13/13

Hey All,

So I just started Propecia (well the generic version) today and I plan on taking 0.5mg per day. I've been on Rogaine for more than a year, and had a hair transplant on the Front of my head about 15 months ago with one of the IAHRS approved HT docs.

I'm a pretty healthy guy who works out 5-6 days a week, and I basically eat a high protein and complex carbs diet. When I went to see my dermatologist for the prescription, he said he thinks I will do well on the drug. Apparently I produce alot of testosterone, as he indicated that most guys who still have acne on their face and back (I'm 29) are ones who are producing alot of testosterone.

I'll do my best to keep this thread updated on a weekly basis to let everyone know how I'm doing.

If you have any good tips or pointers, please reply to this thread.

Wish me luck!

Good luck, man. Take some baseline pictures so you can keep track of your hair pre- and post-starting fin.

Patience, patience, patience. I didn't notice any improvement early-on and was getting a bit worried. Then around month 8 through 12 I had some pretty solid results plus I haven't any shedding since. Good luck.

Default 6 day update

6 DAY UPDATE

Today was my 6th dosage of taking Propecia @ 0.5mg/day.

Let me first start off by saying I know it's a bit early to report back on side effects. With that said, this forum gets alot of the same questions on the side effects of Propecia. I thought I would just provide weekly updates as I know alot of guys in general get anxious about taking the medication and would appreciate these weekly updates.

I have had NONE of the common side effects reported (decreased sex drive, low libido, etc.).

Will post my next update one week from today.

I've been on it for 6 weeks 1mg and have had no sides.

wr985 - That's awesome man! If I continue with no side effects for the next two weeks, then I'm gonna jump up to the 1mg dosage.

Yeah it was a great relief. I dove in with everything, noticed today I have a long hair sprouting out in the middle of my receded area where there's been no hair for seven years, more amusing than a breakthrough I would say though

11 DAY UPDATE

I'm still on the 0.5mg per day dosage. I have no side effects. If this continues, then i'll be increasing my dosage to 1mg per day starting day 21.

I continue to eat an extremely clean diet (high protein, complex carbs and carbs with a low glycemic index), drink lots of water and am in the gym about 5-6 days a week.

Only other supplements that I'm taking daily are:
    - Organic Multivitamin
    - Biotin: 5mg
    - Fish Oil: 900mg

For those of you concerned about muscle loss, I'm also going to be tracking this very closely, as I lift weights about 4-5 days a week.

I'll post another update in a week or so.

Glad you're having good results on Fin, though if you keep an emphasis on sides and look for them, you could end up suffering sides.

Shan - I'm def not "looking" for sides. I'm simply posting this information to help others who are on the fence about taking fin. This is kind of similar to what I did with my posts about my HT procedure.

Your point is well taken though. I def think people get side effects from fin, so I don't deny that. I also think there are probably some people you become nervous wrecks and probably start to get sides even before they take the medication.