+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minoxidil Loss

Default Minoxidil Loss

New one here

Just wanted to share my story.

I always had a high hairline, a bit receded on the sides,however really dense hair and thick fringe, nevertheless I slowly started to have a small circle on my crown and increase in hairloss, so early october of last year I decided to go on Minoxidil 5% and at first few weeks my hair loss decreased then I had a horrible shed and lost quite a bit of my density on top and on my hairline.I quickly stopped (chickened out of losing of what good hair I have) however after minox my density didnt come back and my lose increased. So now I decided to go back on minox at the beginning of march.

I have been using Lipogaine at night and 5% rogaine liquid in the morning, I tried the Keratene tablets, but those gave me terrible foggy brain and low fatique, no erection problems though. But nevertheless I have been just a lil bit more than a month on the minoxidil combination and my shed didnt even come close to decreasing still keep losing large amount of hair in the shower and few go with my hand through my hair. My hair is a lil bit long that allows me to create illusion of density, however the hair quality is terrible and I even though shed is part of the progress and so on, the hair that I am losing is really thick black hair with bulb at the ends.
    I am genuinely afraid to both stop and continue with the treatment and to lose my hair.

I am planning to start RU to hopefully return my density, don't even care for to the receded sides, just want my density back.

Any advice, suggestion, encouragement??

Why did you stop it after the shed? Probably the worst thing you could have done. How long did were you on it after the shed until you quit it?

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Why did you stop it after the shed? Probably the worst thing you could have done. How long did were you on it after the shed until you quit it?
    Simple really, got scared full stop. A was on a bit barely a month, just couldnt keep at it anymore, the shed was horrible.

Simple really, got scared full stop. A was on a bit barely a month, just couldnt keep at it anymore, the shed was horrible.

I've been on that and Fin for a month. Decided to shave the whole lot off yesterday, that way the treatments can get on with whatever they're doing and I won't be looking at my hair every five minutes worrying about how much hair is there.

If he hasn't been on a hair loss forum before he likely hasn't heard about the possibility of a shed. Just imagine what would be going through your head if you hadn't read about the shed when using a product which is supposed to help you to keep/regrow hair and all of a sudden you're losing it instead of regrowing it. I know I'd stop using it for sure. They should really tell people about it in the instructions.

If the hairs that you're shedding were thick, non-miniaturised hairs then there's not reason that they wouldn't come back, hair follicles don't just stop producing hair after one hair cycle, it take many, even in those with the most aggressive MPB.

When hair is shed the new hair that is forming underneath doesn't break the surface of your scalp straight away, it probably takes at least a month and takes many months to make any cosmetic/noticeable difference.

Probably should have stuck with the minox, good job getting back on it though, if you go through another shed just ride it out this time. Like I said, as much as we all love to worry, healthy hairs don't fall out never to return unless you have scarring alopecia or whatever it's called, and you'd know if you did.

I have a question. Is it normal to shed after you have been using minoxidil for a while. I am on my second time using propecia, and will have been on it for a year in June. I took it about 2 years ago for about a 6 month period. Both times I have had great results, but then I randomly seemed to start shedding. It seems like the past week or two I started going through a shed, but I have been using minoxidil and propecia for almost a year now. It seems like I get good gains then shed, then get good growth, and shed, rinse and repeat. Has anyone else experienced this?