+ Reply to Thread

Default Hello everyone, NW3 Vertex here

Hi, I've been reading this forum for the past six weeks and I'd just like to say it's been very helpful in finding out all the information available on MPB and possible treatments.

I'm 27, I first started to recede when I was 20 and I've been a NW 3 for a good six years now. At first I was disappointed and it affected my confidence with girls but I got used to it and found that a healthy self deprecating sense of humor and plenty of gym work is enough to combat the confidence affects of baldness. And it is certainly needed as I have had plenty of jokes from male friends over the years.

I'd never really considered using any treatments as even tho I would prefer more hair, it suits the shape of my head in a way. But a couple of months ago I noticed I was thinning a lot on my crown, even more so than my dad who is 52 so I thought if I want to keep my current hair then I need to do something about it now.

I read all the information available but to be honest when it comes to things like side effects I'm kind of one to throw caution to the wind as I've done plenty of medical trials so I just dove straight in.

For the past month I've been taking
    Finasteride 1mg
    Minoxidil 2%
    Nizoril
    Biotin 1200g
    Silica
    Zinc 20g
    Garlic 900g

And I've just bought some Emu oil today.

Fortunately so far I haven't had any sides, obviously the main worry was loss of libido but if anything its increased.

I'm excited to see where I'm going to be at a year from now, my aim is to not lose anymore which I will be fine with but if I regain some of what I've lost on my crown then I will be very happy. I look forward to talking to you all more often on here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	27th march.jpg

Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	20436  

Quote Originally Posted by wr985 View Post
    I read all the information available but to be honest when it comes to things like side effects I'm kind of one to throw caution to the wind as I've done plenty of medical trials so I just dove straight in.
    Interesting point that confirms an observation I've made of myself and others on the internet as well as the real world: people with a scientific (especially health-related) background really don't hesitate too much to start finasteride, once they've read the literature. I wish it was easier to project that onto more lay individuals.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like your expectations are reasonable, and I hope that you find them met (and then some).

Best regards.

I think when discussing 'side effects' of this stuff, we have to consider that all medication, and all FOOD for that matter will carry some kind of side effects.

So , we then consider the stuff has been on the market for 16 years now. Stands to reason it would be sued into bankruptcy and the FDA yanked it off the shelves if there was some kind of death defying issues with the crap.

Nobody knows the effects after 16 years. Same with every medication thats only 16 years old.

The only way to tell if you are one of the small percentage of guys who get noticable side effects is to just try the stuff.

Normal side effects are often slight and temporary, but if you get some kind of severe side effect, just call your doctor and do as he/she directs you.

Welcome to this site.

You are doing everything you can do about your hair loss. Now all you need is patience, which you sound like you have a lot of. I hope you share your improvements [or success via maintaining] with us throughout the year. Good luck.