+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    Senior Member Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    You should explain this part. It sounds like you're trying to blame aesthetics while ignoring a real issue because aesthetics is easier for you to accept/fix. Why did you have a falling out with your friends? And would being fitter and having read more articals on the internet really have prevented it?
    He's got a point. I mean you can attain all the internet knowledge in the world, but you gotta put it into practice, which I gather seems to be the hard part.

    I empathise on the social anxiety though, minus the super-confident, Im sure it's affected us all on here at some point.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Yeah, I hate having to go out in public when I feel uncomfortable or anxious. I just hope it gets better as my treatments take hold and I make improvements. I don't believe I am familiar with your situation; where are you in your battle with hair-loss?
    I'm 23, turning 24, nw 2 about 3-4 years back, started diffusing I believe a year and a half ago, started propecia a year ago, hair thickened back to almost original state but hairline is still ****ed at nw2 (classic v shape), but it doesn't look like it if I grew my hair out about 3-4 inches. Started minoxidil almost at two month mark, nothing changed but still using just cause. I am very very critical of my appearances right now and if my hairline recedes more or if my hair diffuses again then FML, I'mma murk some bitches.


    I'm not blaming aesthetics for my falling out with friends. That is more-or-less an unrelated issue and has to do with them bailing on me when I needed them. What I do blame on aesthetics, however, is my unwillingness to move on in my life and find new friends or pursue new women. I feel I cannot until I am happy with my appearance. You could be right, in that there is something else about me off-putting (I don't consider my appearance off-putting. I think I am good-looking and have potential, it's just that certain issues are holding me back from being as great as I could be). People have told me that I have an abrasive personality and that I appear snobbish before they get to know me. I think I give bad first impressions.
    Ahaha. Just smile a bit and look like you're interested from time to time and you'll "appear" friendlier. Thats what I do but whenever I meet new people and they tell me their jokes and shit, I couldn't give a rats fking ass about it unless I thought they were cool in the first place. And yes, the appearance thing for the most part, especially at this age, is for me, so fking crucial. I feel like its not fair that people didn't get the chance to meet me when I had nice hair (sounds fking lame but whatever, fk it). I dated a girl that started putting on pounds and I told her its not fair that sh'es not maintaining what she had before and that all the guys that dated her before me got her in a better state than I did. I mean c'mon what the ****. Then she critiques my hairline cause I always made jokes about it and I told her, **** you, if I could do something about it, I ****ing would and you know what, I acutally am. But for you? You can lose the ****ing weight but instead you don't and sit around do shit all so who's the one thats the sloth bitch. Pisses me off.


    With my hairline in this state, it makes me more of a critical, judgemental, strict person. I was carefree til I started now have to caring for my hair diminishment (if thats even a word), and if someone ****s with me, its over for em. I feel like I am more tempermental than before, I tick really easily. I don't feel empathy except laugh and make a mockery of everything. I really couldn't give anything anymore. I'm more for "I'm doing me" thing. Yes, I do humor people if I like them but now its really hard to come off genuinely friendly in the first place unless they come at me with a positive vibe first. I can't find better words to say what I want to say right now but its just something that you will know if you develop these same kinda tendencies.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    He's got a point. I mean you can attain all the internet knowledge in the world, but you gotta put it into practice, which I gather seems to be the hard part.

    I empathise on the social anxiety though, minus the super-confident, Im sure it's affected us all on here at some point.
    Yeah, if I could put my knowledge into practice I would be shredded and drowning in vagina. I really hope things get better; I'll do an update thread in a month to see how I am progressing. I hope you get over your anxiety too, man. I'm sure you feel some sense of freedom and empowerment since you started buzzing. I forget, are you on or did you try fin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    I'm 23, turning 24, nw 2 about 3-4 years back, started diffusing I believe a year and a half ago, started propecia a year ago, hair thickened back to almost original state but hairline is still ****ed at nw2 (classic v shape), but it doesn't look like it if I grew my hair out about 3-4 inches. Started minoxidil almost at two month mark, nothing changed but still using just cause. I am very very critical of my appearances right now and if my hairline recedes more or if my hair diffuses again then FML, I'mma murk some bitches.




    Ahaha. Just smile a bit and look like you're interested from time to time and you'll "appear" friendlier. Thats what I do but whenever I meet new people and they tell me their jokes and shit, I couldn't give a rats fking ass about it unless I thought they were cool in the first place. And yes, the appearance thing for the most part, especially at this age, is for me, so fking crucial. I feel like its not fair that people didn't get the chance to meet me when I had nice hair (sounds fking lame but whatever, fk it). I dated a girl that started putting on pounds and I told her its not fair that sh'es not maintaining what she had before and that all the guys that dated her before me got her in a better state than I did. I mean c'mon what the ****. Then she critiques my hairline cause I always made jokes about it and I told her, **** you, if I could do something about it, I ****ing would and you know what, I acutally am. But for you? You can lose the ****ing weight but instead you don't and sit around do shit all so who's the one thats the sloth bitch. Pisses me off.


    With my hairline in this state, it makes me more of a critical, judgemental, strict person. I was carefree til I started now have to caring for my hair diminishment (if thats even a word), and if someone ****s with me, its over for em. I feel like I am more tempermental than before, I tick really easily. I don't feel empathy except laugh and make a mockery of everything. I really couldn't give anything anymore. I'm more for "I'm doing me" thing. Yes, I do humor people if I like them but now its really hard to come off genuinely friendly in the first place unless they come at me with a positive vibe first. I can't find better words to say what I want to say right now but its just something that you will know if you develop these same kinda tendencies.
    As for your hairline, perhaps you could grow it out and pull off the side-swept bangs look like Scorpion used to do (also see early Justin Bieber and Tom Brady pre-HT). Also, you may consider duta in the future. It really seems to have good results on the hairline (this is the reason I started taking it).

    And yeah, I definitely understand where you're coming from in regards to meeting people. I have a very hard time leveling with people and getting them to like me. My friends all think I'm funny and I'm well-liked by those that know me but, as you say, I can't leave a good impression on people unless they come at me very friendly first.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Yeah, if I could put my knowledge into practice I would be shredded and drowning in vagina. I really hope things get better; I'll do an update thread in a month to see how I am progressing. I hope you get over your anxiety too, man. I'm sure you feel some sense of freedom and empowerment since you started buzzing. I forget, are you on or did you try fin?


    As for your hairline, perhaps you could grow it out and pull off the side-swept bangs look like Scorpion used to do (also see early Justin Bieber and Tom Brady pre-HT). Also, you may consider duta in the future. It really seems to have good results on the hairline (this is the reason I started taking it).

    And yeah, I definitely understand where you're coming from in regards to meeting people. I have a very hard time leveling with people and getting them to like me. My friends all think I'm funny and I'm well-liked by those that know me but, as you say, I can't leave a good impression on people unless they come at me very friendly first.
    Yah. i side sweep it somewhat but honestly, as we get older, no1 wants to see a kids hairstyle on a grown man. That looks weird and ugly as shit unless ur zyzz. But in all honesty, having a buzz of clippers 3 for top and 1-2 for sides is the most cleanest and most classic cut of all times (that may be subjective actually). If you wanna look sharp, longer hair is a definate no unless the face allows for it (just took a look at tom brady and yah he looks good with long combed back hair)

    And Thanks for the suggestion. I will definately look into duta. It never occurred to me to take it until you mentioned it now. I just thought cause it was cheaper and can be insured which is why most ppl take it.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    Yah. i side sweep it somewhat but honestly, as we get older, no1 wants to see a kids hairstyle on a grown man. That looks weird and ugly as shit unless ur zyzz. But in all honesty, having a buzz of clippers 3 for top and 1-2 for sides is the most cleanest and most classic cut of all times (that may be subjective actually). If you wanna look sharp, longer hair is a definate no unless the face allows for it (just took a look at tom brady and yah he looks good with long combed back hair)

    And Thanks for the suggestion. I will definately look into duta. It never occurred to me to take it until you mentioned it now. I just thought cause it was cheaper and can be insured which is why most ppl take it.
    Yeah, just be aware of a (assumed) higher chance of side effects. And yeah, that's the problem with the side-swept look; you can really only wear it while you look young.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Yeah, just be aware of a (assumed) higher chance of side effects. And yeah, that's the problem with the side-swept look; you can really only wear it while you look young.
    Exactly. Once you get into the professional world, it's all bout being clean cut. It sucks to get older, but we have to do it gracefully and make the most of the present.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Exactly. Once you get into the professional world, it's all bout being clean cut. It sucks to get older, but we have to do it gracefully and make the most of the present.
    Very true. I am fortunate in that I have caught my loss early and can still rock most hair-styles. Honestly though, I really like your hair. It wouldn't look good on me (I look too young, get called a pretty boy far more than I get called handsome), but it fits you very well. You would fit right in inside of the Mad Men universe.

    Anyway, it looks as if I may be forced out of cocoon mode far earlier than anticipated. Things are happening for me. My acne is pretty clear right now, my hair loss has pretty much ground to a halt (I do notice shedding when on EC though; I think it may have something to do with increased cortisol levels. I may make a post on this after some more experimentation), and I have my first date in two years this week and it is with a legit 9/10. I FINALLY sacked up and asked her out (after months of crushing on her) as I had reached a point where I really no longer cared what happened since I always had cocoon mode to fall back into and could come back stronger. I guess it wasn't needed; now she won't leave me alone and texts me constantly.

    I just want to thank this entire community. Especially the people in this thread and notables like BigThinker, PatientlyWaiting, Davey, Proper, Exodus, and Highlander. It looks as though my life is starting to improve. The very fact that this girl is interested fills me with confidence again. You guys really helped me get through what was probably the darkest time of my life, even though you're just strangers on the internet. Thank you for that. I only hope that I can ride this wave of good-feelings and maintain both my aesthetic and social gains.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Very true. I am fortunate in that I have caught my loss early and can still rock most hair-styles. Honestly though, I really like your hair. It wouldn't look good on me (I look too young, get called a pretty boy far more than I get called handsome), but it fits you very well. You would fit right in inside of the Mad Men universe.

    Anyway, it looks as if I may be forced out of cocoon mode far earlier than anticipated. Things are happening for me. My acne is pretty clear right now, my hair loss has pretty much ground to a halt (I do notice shedding when on EC though; I think it may have something to do with increased cortisol levels. I may make a post on this after some more experimentation), and I have my first date in two years this week and it is with a legit 9/10. I FINALLY sacked up and asked her out (after months of crushing on her) as I had reached a point where I really no longer cared what happened since I always had cocoon mode to fall back into and could come back stronger. I guess it wasn't needed; now she won't leave me alone and texts me constantly.

    I just want to thank this entire community. Especially the people in this thread and notables like BigThinker, PatientlyWaiting, Davey, Proper, Exodus, and Highlander. It looks as though my life is starting to improve. The very fact that this girl is interested fills me with confidence again. You guys really helped me get through what was probably the darkest time of my life, even though you're just strangers on the internet. Thank you for that. I only hope that I can ride this wave of good-feelings and maintain both my aesthetic and social gains.
    Unfortunately you may have trouble attaining an erection when you get to the intercourse part, that's the legacy of Duta I'm afraid.
    Perhaps she'll be happy in a relationship with a guy who can't have sex properly though.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    Unfortunately you may have trouble attaining an erection when you get to the intercourse part, that's the legacy of Duta I'm afraid.
    Perhaps she'll be happy in a relationship with a guy who can't have sex properly though.
    a) I care about being attractive and desired more than I care about sex.
    b) I currently have no issues getting hard.
    c) You're jealous because I'm maintaining and possibly regrowing while simultaneously suffering no side effects.
    d) I make a conscious effort to try to be kind to everyone here, even those that don't agree with my views. It's the overly-negative, completely-hopeless people like you that I REALLY pity. I may suffer from an obsession with aesthetics and depression, but at least I have some degree of hope and I don't go around trying to bring others down. Enjoy being bald AND a complete douche.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    Unfortunately you may have trouble attaining an erection when you get to the intercourse part, that's the legacy of Duta I'm afraid.
    Perhaps she'll be happy in a relationship with a guy who can't have sex properly though.
    Harsh way to rain on his parade. Erections are no problem when you feel good about yourself.

    Anyway, Aames. I was going to reply to your cocoon post by saying you might find it hard to stay focused if you are not exposed to the opposite gender....in my experience I actually got more depressed when I was isolated because I did not have social motivation (women) to stay on my game
    It is crazy how much better you can feel just by hitting it off with a pretty girl when you otherwise feel like crap.

Similar Threads

  1. Need help making choice!
    By bamac21 in forum Non Surgical Hair Replacement
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 09:49 PM
  2. Choice of Surgeon
    By rugger31 in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 07:56 AM
  3. choice between 3 doctors???
    By stylus187 in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 05:06 AM
  4. Trying to make a choice (pics)
    By fabio27 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

What do you think about me?
12-10-2017 11:42 AM
by TUP2020
Last Post By TUP2020
Today 05:17 AM
Complete RU58841 Usage Guide
05-01-2013 07:52 PM
Last Post By icloroxi
Today 01:18 AM
I'm changing from Finasteride and upping the juice to Dutasteride
12-15-2016 10:29 AM
by Spex
Last Post By BaldingHelpMe
Yesterday 09:15 PM
Best foreign hair transplant doctor with great hair line taste?
Yesterday 08:11 PM
by ali1234
Last Post By ali1234
Yesterday 08:11 PM