Homemade PGD2 Inhibitor - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Homemade PGD2 Inhibitor

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading the forum for a few months now and suffer from some mild hair loss which got me to thinking...

Based on the studies associating PGD2 to MPB (and their binding effect upon the hair follicle which causes the follicle to shrink and become "dormant"), I believe (along with the University of Pennsylvania) that PGD2 is a likely culprit and when stopped can effectively regrow hair extensively.

Based on this I came up with the idea of designing a safe inhibitor of PGD2 at home.

Introducing... Quercetin. Quercetin is a natural supplement that is specifically known for its inhibition of PGD2. The problem is that when ingested orally, it doesn't absorb into the bloodstream, let alone reach the target area (scalp). Most of it is released from your body in your urine.

However, I believe that there is a way around this roadblock, and that way is to apply it directly to the scalp and allow it to absorb, resulting in the blocking of prostaglandin D2 and regrowing your hair.

Because Quercetin is highly water soluble, one may simply take a Quercetin tablet and put it in 1/4-1/3 cup of water till it mostly dissolves. There will be a little bit of particulate matter left if you buy the GNC variety (the variety that I used) because there are a couple other harmless compounds in there.

Now that you have Quercetin bonded with water molecules, you're ready to modify it to be absorb-able by the scalp. This doesn't happens with water molecules because the outer layer of your skin is very thick, but it does happen with oils. Any human friendly oil works, the most effective are jojoba and coconut oil.

So you take your Quercetin/Water mixture and add in an equal amount of oil as water you used to dissolve the Quercetin. It should not mix just yet, so it is time to add an emulsifier. This emulsifier would best be Lecithin (also available at GNC). Add Lecithin slowly until you have a completely homogeneous mixture, and you have now successfully created your very own PGD2 blocker that can be applied to and absorbed by your scalp.

I'm not sure if this has been proposed before, but I have designed this and have just started trying it on myself. If you decide to try it, please post photos and lets see if we can design a solution for MPB on our own!!

So to summarize the steps:

1. Place 1 Quercetin tablet in filtered water and stir till it dissolves
    2. Add jojoba (or your favorite) oil to the mixture
    3. Add Lecithin slowly until the oil and water mixture becomes homogeneous

At this point there should be VERY few solid particles in the mixture if you're using GNC brand product (Quercetin and Lecithin are both available there).

4. Apply the mixture to your scalp and allow it to soak in for at least an hour (thats how long I keep it in).

5. Keep posting and updating this thread to let me know if it works.

Hope this could possibly help!!!
    -sksingh91

Because I absolutely have to post this below, please review the disclaimer:

As a disclaimer, I take no responsibility for your actions. Please be warned that by making this you are creating an otherwise untested substance. What you do is at your own risk. User sksingh91 makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this thread, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this thread. No warranty or liability of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this thread or its links to other Internet resources.

Reference in this thread to any specific commercial product, process, or service, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by user sksingh91.

Welcome.

How long have you been using this on your head?

Just about a week. I'm expecting to see some results within a few months. In theory, there is no reason this is less effective than the drugs that are being used in the clinical trials. Additionally, because these substances are found naturally, I feel confident that there are going to be very few (most likely no) side effects. I posted it up here to see how people feel about it, as well as potentially see how the formulation performs on others.

If it works for you, post before and after pictures of your results, that would be interesting. Do you use hair loss drugs like finasteride, dutasteride, or minoxidil?

A long time ago I used Mindox and Revivogen, I don't think I was shedding fast enough to see whether it was working or not. Now I've lost a large amount of hair on the front of my head (receding hairline) and the hair on top of my head has thinned out.

Okay good luck with your treatment. I looked up Quertecin for the first time and I see it is a PGD2 inhibitor.

How about green tea catechins http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172681?

GTC also significantly inhibited the thromboxane A2 (TXA2) and prostaglandin D2 (PGD2)
    How many people with MPB drink Green Tea every day and regrow their hair?

The reason I avoided suggesting Green Tea extract is because the extraction process isn't testable without PH paper and all that good old chemistry equipment. The formula I described was specifically a version that doesn't need any rocket science to create. It is a good PGD2 inhibitor, but I am not sure how the caffeine would react in the scalp... not sure if it would come out in the extraction process or not.

I'm not sure how many people have successfully turned around MPB with GTC

Great thread and interesting read. Might look into this.

Thanks for taking the time to throw this option out there.

I'm skeptical as hell.

Too bad we can only find out if this works (or not) after months of consistent applications, hair grows about 1cm per month so we won't know until at least 3 months from now (taking into consideration possible shedding and the hair growth cycle with sits in a resting stage for about 2 months).