+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Hi, I am very interested in this. Have you started ? Does it stain at all or make your hair oily when it is in? Do you leave it in all day? Twice a day? Are there any concerns about using this PDG2 blocker and propecia at the same time?

thanks so much for posting.

please make sure to take good before and after photos of this experiment. godspeed.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the results!

Guys... I had to bail on the experiment. I took some pictures but nothing that shows anything conclusive. The problem is that the quercetin turns everything BRIGHT yellow and looks ridiculous. I have switched to 1000mg oral once a day and am using minox, also considering RU.

If you are thinking about trying this, I suspect strongly that it would work for you (there is currently a patent on creating a commercial formulation of topical quercetin). One thing I would recommend is using quercetin anhydrous and not dihydrate, as anhydrous simply dissolves in propelyne glycol/ethanol.

Thanks for the update. Do you mean your scalp was stained yellow?

Default Quercetin

Applying quercetin topically seems like a lot of work. I personally am interested in minimizing hair loss, can't speak to and am not interested in new hair growth too hard to track/tackle.

Quercetin- is fat soluble when taken with meals.

Dihydroquercetin - is water soluble.

I've noticed a decrease in hair loss from say 10-15 hairs daily to 1 - 2 hairs since starting recent supplement protocol including quercetin/bromelain 400mg 3 times daily with meals.

Bumped up calcium/magnesium intake to 450mg 3 times daily with meals. Calcium is anti-stress lowering PTH and balances high phosphorous intake with my high protein diet.

Limit polyunsaturated fat intake and high iron intake as much as possible - both implicated in oxidation/inflammation.

Calcium lowers iron absorption when taken with meals. Magnesium lowers insulin resistance and both are generally anti-stress ( good for hair loss)...Ray Peat/Danny Roddy.

Hoping I can rock the "chrome dome" like Telly Savalas or Mr. Clean.

PDG2 blocker plus wounding and corect time window=full regrowth

Quote Originally Posted by ngallagher View Post
    Applying quercetin topically seems like a lot of work. I personally am interested in minimizing hair loss, can't speak to and am not interested in new hair growth too hard to track/tackle.

Quercetin- is fat soluble when taken with meals.

Dihydroquercetin - is water soluble.

I've noticed a decrease in hair loss from say 10-15 hairs daily to 1 - 2 hairs since starting recent supplement protocol including quercetin/bromelain 400mg 3 times daily with meals.

Bumped up calcium/magnesium intake to 450mg 3 times daily with meals. Calcium is anti-stress lowering PTH and balances high phosphorous intake with my high protein diet.

Limit polyunsaturated fat intake and high iron intake as much as possible - both implicated in oxidation/inflammation.

Calcium lowers iron absorption when taken with meals. Magnesium lowers insulin resistance and both are generally anti-stress ( good for hair loss)...Ray Peat/Danny Roddy.

Hoping I can rock the "chrome dome" like Telly Savalas or Mr. Clean.
    You only shed a couple of hairs per day? Is that even possible?? I've heard the "shedding 100 hairs per day is normal" claim, and even though I don't know how accurate that is, only shedding 2 hairs per day seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticyouth View Post
    You only shed a couple of hairs per day? Is that even possible?? I've heard the "shedding 100 hairs per day is normal" claim, and even though I don't know how accurate that is, only shedding 2 hairs per day seems unlikely.
    I've always laughed when people think they know how many hairs they shed per day. It's not possible to quantify the number of hairs you shed per day unless you confine yourself to a bubble for 24 hours. You may be able to tell if you are shedding more or less hair, but there is no way you can tell with any accuracy how many hairs you shed per day.

So I looked up Quercetin and on wikipedia it says only 4% retention in the body when taken orally with most of it being excreted in urine. I'm assuming this means that it would be nearly useless to take this orally? I wonder if you could still apply it topically without the yellow staining problem. It seems unlikely though because it says on Wikipedia as well that qeurcetin is a pigment in plants, meaning it will be very colored wherever it is applied.