+ Reply to Thread

Default minoxidil (spelling that wrong I think) highly toxic to cats

can cause death even through inadvertent skin contact.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRob View Post
    I can BS on this one right away. I know for a fact this isnt true.

About 2 years ago we had a gorgeous black cat. The cat was jet black with green eyes. Very loving. Then one day i noticed more and more of his fur was coming out every time I petted him. I asked my wife about and she said she didnt notice anything.

Well, about a week later, she came out of the bedroom with this fur all over her hand. We were very concerned as you can imagine. We took the cat to the vet but the vet said the blood work was clear. Perhaps it was a winter coat shed.

Would't you know it ! It got worse The cat kept losing hair and we sat by helpless to do anything. Soon, I could no longer use our normal cat brush and had to use a regular ten cent black comb.

At some point, and I cant remember when it was now, the cat was going bald, and so i started to give the cat a 'comb over' to cover up his head. He looked better .

Nobody said anything, but we all knew. We have two other cats so you cant imagine the shame the cat was going through when dealing with his siblings.
    Then one day, I decided to act. I went to Wall Mart and picked up some Rogaine .

I spread the Rogaine directly on the cat twice a day . At first it didnt do anything and the cat went crazy trying to lick it off. But soon he stopped and his hair started to thicken up.

I tell you, within 6 months that cat certainly had an extra bounce in his step. Even the other cats were amazed. The Rogaine had completely restored his hair.

So, your assertion is false .

People like to joke about things like this, because apparently poisoning an animal is funny, but it is true. I brought it up on another forum because I read about instances of it happening and someone there even said that he had this happen to his cat because he suspects that his pillow was the cats favorite place to rest (putting minox in hair before bed).

I think it's rare, but it definitely can happen.

I dont mean to be rude but the text above probably is the funniest text I ever read =)

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    I can BS on this one right away. I know for a fact this isnt true.

About 2 years ago we had a gorgeous black cat. The cat was jet black with green eyes. Very loving. Then one day i noticed more and more of his fur was coming out every time I petted him. I asked my wife about and she said she didnt notice anything.

Well, about a week later, she came out of the bedroom with this fur all over her hand. We were very concerned as you can imagine. We took the cat to the vet but the vet said the blood work was clear. Perhaps it was a winter coat shed.

Would't you know it ! It got worse The cat kept losing hair and we sat by helpless to do anything. Soon, I could no longer use our normal cat brush and had to use a regular ten cent black comb.

At some point, and I cant remember when it was now, the cat was going bald, and so i started to give the cat a 'comb over' to cover up his head. He looked better .

Nobody said anything, but we all knew. We have two other cats so you cant imagine the shame the cat was going through when dealing with his siblings.
    Then one day, I decided to act. I went to Wall Mart and picked up some Rogaine .

I spread the Rogaine directly on the cat twice a day . At first it didnt do anything and the cat went crazy trying to lick it off. But soon he stopped and his hair started to thicken up.

I tell you, within 6 months that cat certainly had an extra bounce in his step. Even the other cats were amazed. The Rogaine had completely restored his hair.

So, your assertion is false .

The operative word being "had"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRob View Post
    The cat was using minox because it had T. gondii...