Threaded View

Arrow A reprise on the importance of social well-being

A reminder; a reprise.

I'm not terribly confident, I'll be the first to say this outright. For the uninitiated; I'm 21 years old, NW3 territory, and I don't love my head shape. I shave down to the bone. I'm an introvert by nature.

In light of our condition, we might often overlook the importance of maintaining and striving towards social interaction. Humans are social creatures. In the absence of self-love (self-esteem), which I imagine many of us suffer from as a because of hair loss, it's often easier to forgo going out and meeting up with others (social interaction).

I'm in university, and live amongst a large student population. Specifically, I feel a crippled sense of self holding myself back from striving towards reaching downtown, and associated partying endeavours.

We are our own worst critics.

Last weekend I went out, went to a bar, at some point stepped up and started talking to a girl. Ended up pulling, brought her home, and ******ed. This is in no way bragging, but a necessary example in an attempt to to communicate that we are often hardest on ourselves, considering looks and aesthetics.

Reality is self-generated. Ask yourself: Would you prefer to exude control over your life situation, regardless of notions regarding negative self-image, and take risks? Or would you prefer to remain stagnant, static and complacent, revelling in (self-generated) notions of self-pity and dismay?

There is potential in risk-taking. There is potential in the disregard of negative self-talk. Break the cycle, it starts with your thoughts. Next, action is necessary.

I plan on going out again tonight, as exams are finished. The results may not be the same, but the initiative remains consistent.