+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You can buy the 2% on Amazon for a reasonable price.

Inactive

Why do people even use the 1%? I'm pretty sure that every study that monitored Nizoral's effects on hair-loss used the 2%.

Well after one week of using Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo I noticed more shedding again the last couple days. Odd thing was started using last monday and after a few days noticed less and less hair in shower, so I thought wow maybe sulfate free will make a big difference. However this Sunday I noticed alot of hair in shower again. Is it normal to have some days where you notice a lot more shedding and then go a week or so without noticing any. Seem the last two Sundays I had heavy shedding, first using suave sulfate shampoo and this last Sunday using sulfate free shampoo for the week prior.

Also, after 1 week still have a lot of off and on again itching in scalp. Does not seem sulfate free shampoo has helped with itching.

Thinking of trying the Nizoral (have script for 2 %). Would I need a conditioner to use after? Would the Aveeno Pure Renewal 2 in 1 work well to use for the conditioner after Nizoral? If anybody has used the Aveeno Pure Renewal 2 in 1, is it thicker? Does it lather better or worse then the regular Aveeno Pure Renewal shampoo? What benefits would I get from using the 2 and 1 daily?

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    never seemed to have a problem buying nizoral.
    where are you based?
    Nizoral is available in two versions, the 2% strength and the 1% strength. Here in the US, the 1% strength does not require a prescription but the 2% strength does. The 1% strength is often very hard to find. The 2% strength is easy to get if you get a script from your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Why do people even use the 1%?
    Because they don't need to ask their doctor for a script to get 1%.

Again, there was only one good quality study on the benefits of Ketoconazole with regard to treating hair loss. That one good quality study did show that it is a helpful adjunct to stand alone treatments such as Propecia and Rogaine - but it is not a stand alone treatment itself. Anyways, using 1% once a week is still better than not using any at all.

Nizoral is easily available in the UK.
    Is it different in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking1 View Post
    Well after one week of using Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo I noticed more shedding again the last couple days. Odd thing was started using last monday and after a few days noticed less and less hair in shower, so I thought wow maybe sulfate free will make a big difference. However this Sunday I noticed alot of hair in shower again. Is it normal to have some days where you notice a lot more shedding and then go a week or so without noticing any. Seem the last two Sundays I had heavy shedding, first using suave sulfate shampoo and this last Sunday using sulfate free shampoo for the week prior.

Also, after 1 week still have a lot of off and on again itching in scalp. Does not seem sulfate free shampoo has helped with itching.

Thinking of trying the Nizoral (have script for 2 %). Would I need a conditioner to use after? Would the Aveeno Pure Renewal 2 in 1 work well to use for the conditioner after Nizoral? If anybody has used the Aveeno Pure Renewal 2 in 1, is it thicker? Does it lather better or worse then the regular Aveeno Pure Renewal shampoo? What benefits would I get from using the 2 and 1 daily?
    Anybody have any thoughts on this post?

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Nizoral is easily available in the UK.
    Is it different in the US?
    Yes.

In the US, you need a prescription from a doctor to get 2% Nizoral. Once you have that script, it is easy to get.

In the US, 1% Nizoral is available without a prescription but it is often difficult to find due to frequent supply shortages.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking1 View Post
    Is it normal to have some days where you notice a lot more shedding and then go a week or so without noticing any?
    Yes. Don't count hairs. Doing so will drive you nutty.