Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • varonil
    • Jan 2009

FUE vs SMP for scar reduction

I'd like to ask the knowledgeable brothers out there what they would recommend as the best technique for scar repair in my situation.

I've already reduced the visibility of my strip scar quite significantly with 3 FUE into scar sessions with Dr. Robert Jones (see albums in my profile). However the returns after the two later sessions in terms of additional improvement were quite diminishing, I'd say 50-20-5.

It's been close to three years since my last procedure, and I'm contemplating whether to go or a fourth FUE session, or whether to try scalp micro pigmentation (SMP) into the scar.

Grateful for anyone's thoughts on which direction I should take.
  • Dr. Glenn Charles
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

Are you trying to be able to shave your hair or just wear a shorter hair length?
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• varonil
      • Jan 2009

scar repair

Hi Dr. Glenn. I would like to shave my hair down as far as possible - to a zero if possible...

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
        • Nov 2008

I am not sure if that is a very realistic expectation. I have never seen a patient who had FUE procedures into previous strip strips scars that could shave down to a zero without being able to visualize the scar.
        Dr. Glenn Charles
        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
        View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• varonil
          • Jan 2009

That's a fair assessment for sure. I guess I just have wishful thinking. How about getting her down to a one?

Comment

• Joe Diego
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by varonil
            That's a fair assessment for sure. I guess I just have wishful thinking. How about getting her down to a one?
            (Almost 2 years later) Would it be possible getting buzzed done to a "one" without the scar showing?

Comment

Working...