+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Cobblestoning repair

Anyone have any history or thoughts about having CO2 laser or Fraxel laser treatments once grafts have been removed?

I'm curious too...

+1

Or even dermabrasion?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonn View Post
    Anyone have any history or thoughts about having CO2 laser or Fraxel laser treatments once grafts have been removed?
    The results are hit and miss without very many examples to be an overall objective opinion.

And yes dermabrasion is a viable option especially for the larger bumps/cobblestoning.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Do you know if dermabrasion will rid the scalp of cobblestone scars? Cannot find any before/after pictures. The only good part of my mid 90's HT is that it was a small number of micro grafts and they didn't do that good of a job, as a good number of grafts never took.

Do you know if dermabrasion will rid the scalp of cobblestone scars? Cannot find any before/after pictures. The only good part of my mid 90's HT is that it was a small number of micro grafts and they didn't do that good of a job, as a good number of grafts never took.
    It really depends how acute the cobble-stoning is. It would take an in-person exam with a reputable surgeon who does this type of repair.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Gillenator,

Thanks for getting back to me and for your advice. Guess I said to myself for so long that I was gonna have the HT repaired and now I'm ready to get it done and move on. I ll start some consultations now.

Gillenator,

Thanks for getting back to me and for your advice. Guess I said to myself for so long that I was gonna have the HT repaired and now I'm ready to get it done and move on. I ll start some consultations now.
    So glad to hear that things are starting to move forward for you Sonn. It's a difficult decision and takes much patience and time invested on your part.

Not sure where you live but you may need to start by emailing high resolution pics of digital quality to those docs who are committed and passionate about using the best proven repair methods for your case.

As I stated before, the ideal is to be physically examined for the present scarring/cobblestoning but you may have to start with pics to those docs who are known for repair. I highly recommend that you contact Dr. Jerry Cooley for his repair opinion as well.

Keep us in the loop Sonn and best wishes to you my friend.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

I'm in the Pittsburgh area. I'll look and research Dr Cooley, but where is he located?

Thanks again

Had no idea we were somewhat close to each other. I'm in Northern Virginia. If you ever are in the greater Wash DC area, please let me know and you are welcome to stop by and visit.

Dr. Jerry Cooley's practice is located in Charlotte, NC and is within drivable distance for you. His practice is called The Hair Center and main office is (704) 542-1601 or call toll free at (800) 715-1701. His email contact is jcooley@haircenter.com and feel free to email some pics to him.

Get several opinions along with Dr. Cooley's and start comparing them.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net