Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Yes, you'd need to wait for a couple of weeks at least, but after that it could, potentially at least, improve the success of the procedure. Minoxidil is a vasodilator, so it widens the blood vessels and allows more blood flow to the area. I can't say for sure that it'll have any effect.
    Hi MattJ,

Just curious, but could minoxydil into the scar years after FUE treatment (like starting now), work for improved hair growth through it?

Thanks,

Varonil

Default scar grafting

Varonil,

How wide is your scar?

Im in similar situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan11 View Post
    Varonil,

How wide is your scar?

Im in similar situation.
    Hi Jetfan11,

you know I never measured it, but it was probably about 5mm.

How about yours?

Default Scar

Quote Originally Posted by varonil View Post
    Hi Jetfan11,

you know I never measured it, but it was probably about 5mm.

How about yours?
    Thx for responding. It's 5 to 10mm. Scared to death of a revision. Your scar looks 3mm at the most.

You're golden dude. Scar looks fine. Buzz it down and roll with that. F the tattoo. You're good.

Default Scar

How many grafts total did u have put in?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hairthere View Post
    To my knowledge Trichopigmentation and Scalpmicropigmentation are interchangeable terms. Tricho comes from the Greek or Latin meaning "hair."
    Tricopigmentazione - Trichopigmentation - Scalp Micro Pigmentation - SMP...
    Whatever you prefer to call it... In my experience the smaller "dots" look more natural on a person's head than the larger ones. There is also much more to a natural appearing result than just that.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant Atlanta - Dr. Cole
    Toll Free 1-800-368-4247
    Phone 678-566-1011
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Tricopigmentazione - Trichopigmentation - Scalp Micro Pigmentation - SMP...
    Whatever you prefer to call it... In my experience the smaller "dots" look more natural on a person's head than the larger ones. There is also much more to a natural appearing result than just that.
    I was asking because, by default, trichopigmentation is a trademarked term owned by Beauty Medical in Milan and it refers only to their technique and their temporary SMP or that of those clinics that have licensed the technology and training from Beauty Medical. SMP is a more generic term encompassing both temporary and permanent versions offered by anyone and everyone.

I agree that the smaller dots of Trichopigmentation are more natural and I also agree that there is more to the result than just smaller dots.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan11 View Post
    Thx for responding. It's 5 to 10mm. Scared to death of a revision. Your scar looks 3mm at the most.

You're golden dude. Scar looks fine. Buzz it down and roll with that. F the tattoo. You're good.
    Thanks man, appreciate that. I'm largely over this hurdle in life, new challenges ahead. ho!

Good luck with yours, be brave. Sounds like a revision could help in your case.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    In my experience the smaller "dots" look more natural on a person's head than the larger ones. There is also much more to a natural appearing result than just that.
    To illustrate what I mean regarding SMP "dots", I have attached a photo below. Our patient had a low SMP hairline placed while he still had a reasonable amount of hair on top. You may have to magnify the photo to see what I'm talking about... The tattoo artist placed the hairline too low, so later he had the dots lasered out. Notice the lighter colored skin band below his hairline. With the photo magnified, you can see the dots are many times larger than a hair emerging from the scalp. They also have a slight blueish tint. The lighter band of skin is barely noticeable when you see our patient in person. Our patient had FUE grafts placed by Dr. Cole in the frontal area to camouflage the SMP a few months back. The photo below represents how he looked just before his FUE session five months ago.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Default I went for SMP - and got interviewed on TV!

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd update you on my journey. I decided to go for Scalp Micro Pigmentation (SMP) to reduce my scar even further. Even crazier is I was interviewed on the CBC - Canada's national television broadcaster about it...
    http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada...ID/2451987672/

Not sure how I went from extreme shame to being able to talk about this on national TV, but there you have it.