+ Reply to Thread

Default Idea for fixing side effects on Propecia

Hi guys, Im new here. soon to be a regular. Im 23. Norwood 2. and really looking into using minoxidil soon. Ive actually emailed Chrisis several thousand times a couple months back cause im really nervous of sides especially shedding. However, one more presentation (for school) for me to go and i will start. Ive taken accutane when I was younger, and am sort of curious if this is affecting my hairloss, I can elaborate if anyone is interested.

I created this thread for two reasons.

1) To see if anyone has had sides on minoxidil.

2) To propose a new way to take propecia.

1. Has anyone had sides? and What? also what was your application regime, once a day? twice? Where were you trying to grow hair? Especially nervous if people experienced wrinkles..

2. Another user posted an interesting article on 0.05 g propecia a day. While this does seem extremely interesting I have one important question. There's the A5R enzyme for the prostate and the hair (type I and type II). Has anyone come across papers of the efficacy of propecia as par each enzyme?

Reason being. Eventually Id like to try propecia. There will not be a chance I will take 1 g a day, Ive considered at most I will take 0.5 g every other day. Anyways, If people are having trouble with sides from propecia I am wondering if

1. cutting the dosage to 25% to 50%
    2. taking this new lower dosage multiple times throughout the day (should still total 25% to 50% of the old dosage).

Not only does this cut down on the overall amount of propecia you are taking but, DHT is produced constantly throughout the body. Propecia has a half life of 4 hours (in 40 hours only 0.5 g is in the body). Therefore, it is quite possible that lowering the dosage and inhibit sides, but maintaining the amount of propecia in the body and for more time.

How this makes sense. Well, would you rather walk 50 miles in a day? or Walk 50 miles in 50 days? Drink 8 beers in an hour or 8 beers in 2 months?

Basically DHT is constantly in contact with your hair. Even reducing a little DHT for a longer period of time with propecia can have positive effects.

Why bombard your body all at once with a large dose, and after maybe X hours the propecia does nearly nothing? To take propecia twice a day, youll hit that half life over an 8 hour time span, much better! (Ive read somewhere that dutasertide has an 8 hour half life and this is attributed to why it is better). Ultimately, now you have 8 hours of hair growth instead of 4 (if you go by half life).

The one factor that can make or break this is efficacy on the type I and typ e II enzymes if anyone has any articles. (however propecia will not inhibit all of one of the enzymes before the other)

Lastly, this can easily be done by dissolving as much propecia as you can in as little ethanol (vodka) as you can. Dump this solution into water, know your concentrations, and you can take a shot of this (which is mostly water). Twice a day and get a low dose of propecia.

Anyone interested in this and currently having sides - from knowing about steroid cycles, it will be a minimum of 4 - 6 weeks before your horomone levels will become normal before you can start something like this.

TLDR: taking a low dose of propecia multiple times throughout the day can inhibit the sides by a smaller dose and keep growth, maybe improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebma View Post

TLDR: taking a low dose of propecia multiple times throughout the day can inhibit the sides by a smaller dose and keep growth, maybe improve it.
    Interesting proposal. Frankly around 8 or 9 pm every night I feel the itch a bit. I wonder if I shouldn't be taking lower doses more frequently.

Your idea is interesting, but I don't think the half life of propecia is linearly correlated with DHT levels.

For example, if you take propecia for a couple of weeks then skip a couple of days, even though the propecia will be virtually gone from your system, your DHT levels will still likely be substantially lower then normal. Presumably because it takes the body a while to reproduce that DHT.

I think someone posted a DHT / finasteride inhibition curve graph which illustrated it quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktownmatti View Post
    Your idea is interesting, but I don't think the half life of propecia is linearly correlated with DHT levels.

For example, if you take propecia for a couple of weeks then skip a couple of days, even though the propecia will be virtually gone from your system, your DHT levels will still likely be substantially lower then normal. Presumably because it takes the body a while to reproduce that DHT.

I think someone posted a DHT / finasteride inhibition curve graph which illustrated it quite nicely.

Its kinetics, therefore, it should be first over to propecia and enzyme, second over overall. The curve would be biexponential.

Thus, now that I consider this, its only another reason to try this idea. Because with an exponential decay - the initial decay is very fast, and you spend more time with an actual lower dosage of propecia in the body, lowering this dose, helps this decay and also you can experience a longer effect of propecia since your taking it multiple times.