+ Reply to Thread

Default My current treatment plan as a teenager

So as some of you may know, i"m 16 years old so obviously (and sadly) to young for any form of actual treatment for my hairloss. Right now my goal is to try my best to maintain what i have. As of right now i am currenly using Nizoral 2% twice a week, but in a week or two i will move to only once a week. I am also taking multivitamins morning and night to overall improve the health of my hair. Also as of today i started taking a pill called NutriCap (twice a day), which claims to support and develop hair growth.

Please leave any tips and comments, those are always greatly appreciated. I will also be posting pics of my buzzcut when i do get it just to get an idea of what my head shape looks like, and if i can look good shaved headed or not. Cheers!

Even though Rogaine is for 18+, I really don't think Rogaine is that serious. You should ask your doctor, if you can, if you can use Rogaine. Do some research on it. I mean if it's okay for an 18 year old, why is it dangerous for a 16 year old? Honestly if a 16 year old can not use Rogaine or Propecia, then an 18 year year old shouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Even though Rogaine is for 18+, I really don't think Rogaine is that serious. You should ask your doctor, if you can, if you can use Rogaine. Do some research on it. I mean if it's okay for an 18 year old, why is it dangerous for a 16 year old? Honestly if a 16 year old can not use Rogaine or Propecia, then an 18 year year old shouldn't either.
    yea im thinking of going on minox, do you know if any shedding happens with minox? and i'm gonna try to find a gp that would prescribe me fin or propecia... I know its "early" but i know for a fact im done puberty since i hit it super early.

I never went through a noticeable shed on Rogaine, but a lot of people do go through one. You should always expect it, and realize it's a "good" thing, because it means that better days are ahead.

If you are comfortable with taking Propecia, and you do not get scared away from the negative posts about it, then you should get on it. But if your doctor does not want to give it to you, just use Rogaine every day twice a day. The best you can do for MPB when you are young is get on the best treatments possible, to either slow it down on time, fully stop it, or if you are lucky reverse it entirely and buy 10 years of a normal head of hair. Even if you slow it down, that is still buying time, hopefully enough time for you to be ready for the next best hair loss treatments.

Definitely start on minoxidil asap. By itself nizoral will not be enough. Multi vitamins are good but probably aren't going to make much difference if any.