+ Reply to Thread

Default New and confused :/

Hey guys this is my first time posting on forums. I need some Feeback from knoledgable people on this subject. I went on a low carb diet for around a year and a year in or so I would say I started to notice my hair thinning mostly on the top and mpb areas. I do believe before going low carb I did have a very slow mpb trait. But after a year on low carb I encountered thinning and hair problems like never before so i know for a fact that it was the diet. My hair was just falling over and over again and doesn't grow long in many different areas anymore. Some hairs just fall out before they even grow an inch. I am 80 percent sure that the hair on the side of my head has thinned too but not as much as on the top when I pull my hair back I see some regrowth on the hair line were most of it is falling. I let my hair grow out too and it looks weird now. I am sure this is some sort of telogen effluvium because i also have eyebrow thinning and pubic hair fall out but i want to have an idea of if this incident accelerated over all mpb that I already had, will I still have a chance to regrow some of it even if not all? I mean I do see regrowth and I just been eating a lot more carbs like 2 months ago. I'd say an average of 200g the first month and 450g the second. My dad is 54 and just recently started to show signs of minor balding. And I'm sure that I have most of his traits do to the pattern and many other similarities we have in skin disorders. I'm also 20 and if that is important. I am really down about all of this and feel stupid to have fallen for low carb I originally did it to avoid cystic acne. Now that I think of it I have also thinned in leg hair if that matters. What do you guys think about all this? Thanks for any replies

Honestly, I could be wrong but I do not think the low carbs have anything to do with hair loss. I have done 2 bodybuilding shows and currently preparing for my third. When I am dieting I go as low as 30 grams of carbs a day for weeks at a time, and I do not see any difference in my hair loss when I am on such low carbs or when I am not dieting.

I did it for a year and maybe that's why. Hypothetically speaking let's say that the diet was the trigger. I have removed it do do I have a chance to still gain back some thickness even if it's not all?

I am just guessing, but if it was because the lack of carbs than it would seem that you were not getting the right vitamins and nutrition that the carbs supplied. So it would seem that once you did start to take in the vitamins and nutrition now than you would grow some of your hair back. Now how much hair would be anyones guess, but some is better than nothing.