+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    My reason for avoiding HT is I don't want to get a thinner looking transplant then check this site to see that Histogen or whatever grows native density hair back but only if the follicles haven't been killed with a HT...
    Question:

How would a follicle die if an existing follicle is places next to it? You'd have to remove them completely or the follicle would need to be dead.

I really doubt an HT or HST will effect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Question:

How would a follicle die if an existing follicle is places next to it? You'd have to remove them completely or the follicle would need to be dead.

I really doubt an HT or HST will effect anything.
    We'd know with a test: transplanting hairs in some place where I currently have native density; would we get a higher density? Or would growth of either some of the transplanted or some of the original hairs be impeded?

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    We'd know with a test: transplanting hairs in some place where I currently have native density; would we get a higher density? Or would growth of either some of the transplanted or some of the original hairs be impeded?
    Ok, but why would it be impeded? You didn't destroy the existing follicle.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Ok, but why would it be impeded? You didn't destroy the existing follicle.
    The heck would I know... but what will be the limiting factor for density, if I wish to transplant follicles, over and over, in numerous procedures - over many, many years - in the same chosen area, until I run out of money (or, if I were a comic book character, donor)??

I seriously hope I can maintain what I have up until one of these treatments hit the market. I'm like a diffuse NW 2-2.5, but my hairline is the issue.

I keep thinking we will hear something, anything on Histogen etc., but I hear crickets. I'm concerned it will be too late by the time anything happens. Sucks.

People don't want to do a transplant because they're afraid of having a line in the back of their head? Ever heard of FUE? people are still misinformed and think it is reserved to people with a NW2,5.

I know there's an anti FUE lobby because FUT transplants are easy money, but hey, FUE is possible, even for NW6 people, it just takes a lot more effort and time for the doctor.

Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed for this year .

FUT is ancient, and effectively immoral.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    FUT is ancient, and effectively immoral.
    FUE, by Dr. Wesley or anyone else, would be considered an atrocity, if (hypothetically) we would somehow invent a scarless or near-scarless FUT.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    People don't want to do a transplant because they're afraid of having a line in the back of their head? Ever heard of FUE? people are still misinformed and think it is reserved to people with a NW2,5.

I know there's an anti FUE lobby because FUT transplants are easy money, but hey, FUE is possible, even for NW6 people, it just takes a lot more effort and time for the doctor.

Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed for this year .
    I actually WANT an FUT. From the results I have seen from the top doctors, I am not afraid of this, and this is not a fear of MINE. I fall under the "Can not afford" category. From my 5 years on hair loss forums, it's either those two. Can't afford it[FUE], or don't want a line in the back of their head [THEIR reasoning for it, not mine].

OK, I understand. But it's just that I shave my head so, can't afford to have a huge scar back there .