+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 21. Losing hair/receding for a year now. (Pics included) Tips/advice?

Hey guys,

Been receding hard recently so thought I should start posting and get in the know. Pics included are from a year ago btw so have lost more hair and receded since then. Thing is though, with a long cut I can still hide it and look okay. Would love to maintain!!

Been using Niz 2% twice a week to help with the itch/dandruff and in the hope it will fight DHT a bit. I have thick/coarse hair though and it really dries it out and makes it unhealthy. Shame as it helps with the itch a lot and does make the hair look thicker for a day or two. Should I consider Regenepure/Revita? And which is better? Bit concerned as they seem like expensive snake oil shampoos from reading reports on here... Also what is the best daily/regular shampoo?

Trying to avoid Fin/Minox for now due to the sides. I know Minox isn't too bad but apparently it only works for a year or two? What are the best supps to take? I've ordered a multivitamin with biotin but have read on here that MSM/some special vitamin E formulation (can't remember proper name ha) can help?

Thanks for reading. Any thoughts/comments welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hairline1.jpg

Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	20320   Click image for larger version

Name:	crown1.jpg

Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	20321  

From what you listed, the only thing that is proven to fight male pattern baldness is Nizoral.

For a regular shampoo use something with no SLS.

Biotin, MSM, multivitamins are not known to slow down, stop or regrow hair in men with MPB. But for the the overall health of hair Biotin and MSM are good, and a multivitamin is good for your health.

You say you're trying to stay away from finasteride and minoxidil, but just know that those are two most proven hair loss treatments for MPB.

I can't really suggest anything else. Stay with Nizoral 2% and try a natural route. But like I said yesterday, waiting is the worst thing you can do with MPB. In the pictures you showed however, I don't see much frontal balding, if any at all but you say it has gotten worse now.

Okay, I see some receding in the temples.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    From what you listed, the only thing that is proven to fight male pattern baldness is Nizoral.

For a regular shampoo use something with no SLS.

Biotin, MSM, multivitamins are not known to slow down, stop or regrow hair in men with MPB. But for the the overall health of hair Biotin and MSM are good, and a multivitamin is good for your health.

You say you're trying to stay away from finasteride and minoxidil, but just know that those are two most proven hair loss treatments for MPB.

I can't really suggest anything else. Stay with Nizoral 2% and try a natural route. But like I said yesterday, waiting is the worst thing you can do with MPB. In the pictures you showed however, I don't see much frontal balding, if any at all but you say it has gotten worse now.
    Thanks for the reply.

I have ordered some natural shampoos with no SLS. Went for the jason natural ones with biotin because they are cheap. Nizoral 2% worked really well for a bit but now not so much. Scalp itches a day after using it and my hair is so dry/coarse. Maybe I overused it. But that is why I was asking about regenepure/revita.

Noted that biotin/msm are not proven to slow down hair loss. Are there any natural supps that are effective in any way? I cannot risk the libido/impotence issues of finasteride at 21. Might have to consider minoxidil...

Okay, I see some receding in the temples.
    Definitely something going on. My fringe grows so slow. I get a grade 1 or 2 on the back/sides everytime and tell the barber not to touch the length on top. After 6 weeks the back/sides are the same length as on top!

Just try fin, honestly I really thought I was going to get sides as well but as of yet I'm completely fine.

Unless someone has frequented sites like this they wouldn't think you're suffering from even the slighest amount of hairloss and fin will almost definitely retain what you've got for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyy View Post
    Just try fin, honestly I really thought I was going to get sides as well but as of yet I'm completely fine.

Unless someone has frequented sites like this they wouldn't think you're suffering from even the slighest amount of hairloss and fin will almost definitely retain what you've got for years to come.
    Hmmm you were lucky though right to get no sides? I can't take the risk. Would rather save up for a hair transplant personally

I don't know about proven natural MPB treatments. But supposedly, Taurine, Green Tea Extract, Grapeseed extract, zinc, emu oil, are good to fight hair loss. But then again I never used these, and would never use them without being fin and minoxidil, which I think would be pointless because then I would not know what's working.

About Woodyy being lucky that he did not get sides, no, I don't think so. You are actually unlucky if you get sides.

I don't know about proven natural MPB treatments. But supposedly, Taurine, Green Tea Extract, Grapeseed extract, zinc, emu oil, are good to fight hair loss. But then again I never used these, and would never use them without being fin and minoxidil, which I think would be pointless because then I would not know what's working.

About Woodyy being lucky that he did not get sides, no, I don't think so. You are actually unlucky if you get sides.
    Thanks man, will check out those items you mentioned. I'm NW1.5 or so atm so experimenting first i guess.

Really? I have seen countless times people complaining of libido/penis problems on here.

Where was it reported that minoxidil only lasts a year? It takes a year before you can even review its full result, let alone that being the entire time span of its overall effectiveness.