+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Where was it reported that minoxidil only lasts a year?
    There are many who believe Minoxidil only lasts for a year or two. I guess they read it on the internet - and you know if it's on the internet it has to be true. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Recederrr View Post
    I have ordered some natural shampoos with no SLS.
    For future reference, you can buy sulfate free shampoo and conditioner in your local stores. There is no need to shop for anything special or high priced. Just make sure it's sulfate free.

Since you have the 2% prescription strength Nizoral, you should only use that once a week. Not twice a week.

I settled on the twice per week approach re using Nizoral 2%. From memory several fin studies that produced good results had their participants use it 2-4 times per week. There were also a lot of guys that used it twice per week when I was scowering forums when I first started to think about any kind of HL treatment (although to be fair you will likely find the same number of posts suggesting using Niz once per week, or every other day etc!).

Anyway I started that (2% Niz twice a week) around 15 months ago and believe it has helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Where was it reported that minoxidil only lasts a year? It takes a year before you can even review its full result, let alone that being the entire time span of its overall effectiveness.
    Hey Chris

I was under the impression that it takes a year and the effects can last decades.

I am still on the fence about it but may start on it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hey Chris

I was under the impression that it takes a year and the effects can last decades.

I am still on the fence about it but may start on it soon.
    He's saying it does in deed take a year to even see results and that thinking Rogaine's effects only last 1 year is absurd.

Get on it. You are already on fin aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    He's saying it does in deed take a year to even see results and that thinking Rogaine's effects only last 1 year is absurd.

Get on it. You are already on fin aren't you?
    yes but I heard it only helps with the crown and at 47 my crown is still covered.

Will it help for the hair on top?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    There are many who believe Minoxidil only lasts for a year or two. I guess they read it on the internet - and you know if it's on the internet it has to be true. Hahaha
    Ha I had seen it posted a few times on here that the effectiveness of minoxidil wanes after a certain period. I guess I should start using it then if this isn't true! The other thing that concerned me was that i had heard it can cause an initial shed that doesn't grow back on some people? Is this also a stupid myth of mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    For future reference, you can buy sulfate free shampoo and conditioner in your local stores. There is no need to shop for anything special or high priced. Just make sure it's sulfate free.

Since you have the 2% prescription strength Nizoral, you should only use that once a week. Not twice a week.
    I went with jason naturals ginseng and biotin conditioner but it was dreadful for me. I only used it a week but couldn't stick with it as it made my hair very thin and brittle.. Will have a look in my store next time I go. I am in the UK and the only ones I have seen in the supermarket are by tresemme and I have already tried those. Is there anything you'd recommend I look for? Sorry for double quoting you