+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default I reversed my hair loss without Finasteride

I have been trying out different combinations for almost 2 years know I wanted to share my experience.

It's all great news, I am extremely grateful and thankful for the state I am in, however I do have some confusions to what is causing this.

You call look at my regime as a growing stack of experiments. I am 23 years old and I have been balding from about 17. I do NOT have an aggressive HL gene but I certainly have been receding, and receding quite noticeably.

my hair is very NOW thick and my hairline has magically reversed itself (surprisingly, approaching my baby years). Note, I have ALWAYS had a high hairline.

I took Fin for 3 months a long time ago and stopped taking the drug cold turkey because ... well, we all know why(Although I had NO serious side effects). Truthfully, I am happy i have done so, I believe in Fin, however, I am not anywhere near the stage of HL anymore to resort to fin. I feel I should try other things and gain some wisdom in this domain before I make such a decision.

Anyways, to stay on topic. Something in me regime is working SUPER WELL and i am not 100% sure what it is. However, I am almost certain Minox is NOT doing all this magic behind the scenes. I think, it's the group effort that has does this magic (the sum constitue to something greater than the individual parts).

I am going to list everything I have taken in the order I started using them.

* Nettle Leaf
    * Nettle Root
    * Emu Oil (Has done MIRACLES since day one, baby hairs in < 2 weeks)
    * Nizoral
    * Biotin
    * Beta Sitosterol
    * Pygeum Africanum
    * 5% Minox (liquid, then foam. Switch bc of dandruff)
    * Taurine
    * Grapeseed extract
    * Pomegranate extract
    * Black Tea Extract (I think this is serving me well!, not 100% sure yet)
    * Black tea, Green tea, White tea complex

* Slowly adapting a LOW GI Diet (I think this is serving me well, through several self conducted tests)

Recently, I have been experiencing real great regrowth, my frontal hairline is AMAZING. I am able to let my hair grow real long, it's thick, something that only brings back child memories. I have not been able to let me hair grow long in a long long time. This process is REALLY not invasive in the slightest and even if it was, it would be worth it by a mile.

I think, it's the emu oil, and the tea extracts and low GI that are giving me a great foundations.

Emu oil - reducing inflammation (reduces PGD2 protein and waking up those dormant follicules).
    Black Tea - Reducing some serious DHT (along with others in my regime). Recently, I have been regrowing alot more than normally, I think the black tea is guilty of that). Have a look at this article. http://www.hairloss-research.org/Upd...lavin3-13.html
    LOW GI Diet - I have literally lived of foods that rank extremely low on the GI diet (for 2.5 weeks) and noticed that shedding has REALLY stopped. I was living off chick peas and pepers (and other vegetables). I was very impressed by the stability of my hair. I eat healthy now, but not like those 2 weeks. I think, this greats a healthy foundation for growth. Adapting a diet is vital to approach this difficult task at a intelligent stand point.

Note: Nettles stop the conversation to the aromatase enzyme, I need this to keep my free flow Testosterone to convert to Estrogen. When inhibiting the Alpha X enzymes, i in effect increase the T that aromatase receives.

I have a lot more to say, however, I dont want to overwhelm this thread.

My goal at this point is to hold solid grounds, although we have reason to doubt my following claim, the horrors of hair loss are slowly becoming a tale of the past. STAY HAPPY GUYS and live life to the fullest.

Stay happy guys,

Good for you. You are taking a lot of things, but with the way you are talking, it seems worth it.

If you feel the minoxidil isn't giving you the regrowth you are seeing, why don't you drop it and see what happens?

I don't know, a lot of that stuff has been tried by others before with little to no results. Perhaps you are just a great responder, who knows. Good for you though!

Its possible enough stuff could lower your DHT levels enough to have some effect on hair, but again your probably just going to get sides if you would have got them just like propecia. You cant have your cake and eat it too. If you lower DHT systemically then your risking sides not much else to say
    An alternative to all of that is just take propecia. The one knock I have on propecia is I feel its too strong for everyone and not everyone should be inhibiting anywhere near that amount of DHT. I think small amounts of DHT inhibition would work well for some guys. Its not a hat that fits any head.

Quote Originally Posted by samdee View Post
    I have been trying out different combinations for almost 2 years know I wanted to share my experience.

It's all great news, I am extremely grateful and thankful for the state I am in, however I do have some confusions to what is causing this.

You call look at my regime as a growing stack of experiments. I am 23 years old and I have been balding from about 17. I do NOT have an aggressive HL gene but I certainly have been receding, and receding quite noticeably.

my hair is very NOW thick and my hairline has magically reversed itself (surprisingly, approaching my baby years). Note, I have ALWAYS had a high hairline.

I took Fin for 3 months a long time ago and stopped taking the drug cold turkey because ... well, we all know why(Although I had NO serious side effects). Truthfully, I am happy i have done so, I believe in Fin, however, I am not anywhere near the stage of HL anymore to resort to fin. I feel I should try other things and gain some wisdom in this domain before I make such a decision.

Anyways, to stay on topic. Something in me regime is working SUPER WELL and i am not 100% sure what it is. However, I am almost certain Minox is NOT doing all this magic behind the scenes. I think, it's the group effort that has does this magic (the sum constitue to something greater than the individual parts).

I am going to list everything I have taken in the order I started using them.

* Nettle Leaf
    * Nettle Root
    * Emu Oil (Has done MIRACLES since day one, baby hairs in < 2 weeks)
    * Nizoral
    * Biotin
    * Beta Sitosterol
    * Pygeum Africanum
    * 5% Minox (liquid, then foam. Switch bc of dandruff)
    * Taurine
    * Grapeseed extract
    * Pomegranate extract
    * Black Tea Extract (I think this is serving me well!, not 100% sure yet)
    * Black tea, Green tea, White tea complex

* Slowly adapting a LOW GI Diet (I think this is serving me well, through several self conducted tests)

Recently, I have been experiencing real great regrowth, my frontal hairline is AMAZING. I am able to let my hair grow real long, it's thick, something that only brings back child memories. I have not been able to let me hair grow long in a long long time. This process is REALLY not invasive in the slightest and even if it was, it would be worth it by a mile.

I think, it's the emu oil, and the tea extracts and low GI that are giving me a great foundations.

Emu oil - reducing inflammation (reduces PGD2 protein and waking up those dormant follicules).
    Black Tea - Reducing some serious DHT (along with others in my regime). Recently, I have been regrowing alot more than normally, I think the black tea is guilty of that). Have a look at this article. http://www.hairloss-research.org/Upd...lavin3-13.html
    LOW GI Diet - I have literally lived of foods that rank extremely low on the GI diet (for 2.5 weeks) and noticed that shedding has REALLY stopped. I was living off chick peas and pepers (and other vegetables). I was very impressed by the stability of my hair. I eat healthy now, but not like those 2 weeks. I think, this greats a healthy foundation for growth. Adapting a diet is vital to approach this difficult task at a intelligent stand point.

Note: Nettles stop the conversation to the aromatase enzyme, I need this to keep my free flow Testosterone to convert to Estrogen. When inhibiting the Alpha X enzymes, i in effect increase the T that aromatase receives.

I have a lot more to say, however, I dont want to overwhelm this thread.

My goal at this point is to hold solid grounds, although we have reason to doubt my following claim, the horrors of hair loss are slowly becoming a tale of the past. STAY HAPPY GUYS and live life to the fullest.

Stay happy guys,
    Wow. Impressive regime. May have to take a leaf out of your book as I also want to avoid finasteride as I am 21 and the sides scares me. Thanks for sharing. Just wondering how do you take nettle leaf/nettle root and what emu oil do you use/how do you use it?

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Good for you. You are taking a lot of things, but with the way you are talking, it seems worth it.

If you feel the minoxidil isn't giving you the regrowth you are seeing, why don't you drop it and see what happens?

It's definitely helping, it's adding integrity, as well as increasing the hair androgen phase. I agree, I might start crying if i stop Minox lol but my point is, I was seeing regrow way before minox.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Its possible enough stuff could lower your DHT levels enough to have some effect on hair, but again your probably just going to get sides if you would have got them just like propecia. You cant have your cake and eat it too. If you lower DHT systemically then your risking sides not much else to say
    An alternative to all of that is just take propecia. The one knock I have on propecia is I feel its too strong for everyone and not everyone should be inhibiting anywhere near that amount of DHT. I think small amounts of DHT inhibition would work well for some guys. Its not a hat that fits any head.
    you have a strong argument, "why you breaking your head, just take fin".
    a) I can and with regards to serum DHT it might be stronger, however, the herbals supplements aid my air beyond the scope of inhibiting alpha x reductase.
    b) Biotin does not inhibit dht perse it provides vitamins in aiding hair health and vitality.
    c) Nettles block aromatase as well, it's SUPER VITAL TO KEEP YOUR ESTRADIOL balanced
    d) Taurine - increases hair shaft diameter
    e) As for side effects, black tea PROMOTES sexual benefits and libido.
    .... the list can go on. My point is, in regards to inhibiting the right DHT, YES, Fin probably wins, hands down. However, if i can be wise and work some magic and really get these benefits with a peace of mind, why not.

Maybe one day, if i ever need to take fin, i may embrace it. I have taken Fin for 3 months (about a year ago), mild testicular pain at first but I'd like to think im a positive responder. My goal is to hold grounds, not a day dreamer but within the next 5 years the tools to treat HL with be different and hopefully then i can construct a smarter regime.

I JUST REALIZED I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I TAKE Rehmannia root - to provide a hormonal equilibrium.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post

It's worth every second of my time taking the proper measures to insure my happiness. I would rather spend time maintaing what makes me happy then dealing with the stress and the lack of confidence. It's truly a pleasure taking those pills at night.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    I don't know, a lot of that stuff has been tried by others before with little to no results. Perhaps you are just a great responder, who knows. Good for you though!
    Perhaps, but I think it's safe to say that i'm no one special in particular. I think, if people had more confidence in some of these supplements and treatments, perhaps people would surprise themselves. You just need to be disciplined enough to construct a plan and respect a schedule.

It's worse not trying and never knowing then trying and being certain. As well, knowing what does NOT work for you makes you smarter in learning what can work for you.