+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default This obsession with muscle building

Am I the only one who doesn't get this whole obsession with building muscle (including abs etc), and prefers simply keeping a low body fat count and been thin? It just seems like so much effort, and tbh most of the results that come from bodybuilding and weight lifting (abs in particular) just look so unnatural and repulsive to look at. I'm saying that it's good to be overweight, or to be an obese slob, but my idea of a good look is to simply keep body fat to a minimum and achieve a natural lean look.

Inactive

Post a picture of what physique you think is desirable. I can almost guarantee that it requires lifting weights. No one here is trying to look like Ronnie Coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't get this whole obsession with building muscle (including abs etc), and prefers simply keeping a low body fat count and been thin? It just seems like so much effort, and tbh most of the results that come from bodybuilding and weight lifting (abs in particular) just look so unnatural and repulsive to look at. I'm saying that it's good to be overweight, or to be an obese slob, but my idea of a good look is to simply keep body fat to a minimum and achieve a natural lean look.
    There's a huge difference between trying to be 'roided out, covered in veins versus just wanting to be thick and cut.

It's rewarding to watch your weight on the scale go up as your body fat goes down. It's rewarding to go to the gym and push yourself and release all those natural endorphins.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with running a healthy, low, skinny weight. Skinny and bald just is not a good combo though.

Like Big Thinker said, nobody is trying to look like Schwarzenegger, but even a moderate strong physique requires weight-lifting. In contrary to when you have hair, a skinny bald dude easier gets kind of an ill/sickly look.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

The media demands muscles so we need muscles damnit!

And plus to be able to do what a scrawny guy probably can't makes me feel good cause I can snap em like a twig with strength. Until he busts out some jujitsu shit... Or low and behold, the ultimate sneak low blow.

To counter that jujitsu though, a gun. I needa look good holding a gun so that's why I'm building muscles. It goes hand in hand with a gun.

You'll never get that huge look without being on juice, and i also don't get how some ppl like that look. But still to look good skinny, you need to lift, you don't have to get 6 pack as long as you have flat stomach and have the rest of your muscles defined.

Edit: plus incresing your muscles will help you keep your BF intact and boost your metabolism

Agreed, especially for bald guys, so that your jawline, cheekbones etc. look promiment.

A good sharp face looks great even bald!

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Post a picture of what physique you think is desirable. I can almost guarantee that it requires lifting weights. No one here is trying to look like Ronnie Coleman.
    Ah ha, now I see what you lot are getting at. Sorry, but when I seen the word bodybuilding, the likes of Ronnie Coleman is exactly what came to my mind and I thought you lot were trying to emulate that kind of look. Sorry about the confusion.

Inactive

Ah ha, now I see what you lot are getting at. Sorry, but when I seen the word bodybuilding, the likes of Ronnie Coleman is exactly what came to my mind and I thought you lot were trying to emulate that kind of look. Sorry about the confusion.
    Yeah, not at all man. I think physiques like the following are pretty universally appealing (and even these are probably too big if your primary goal is to attract women):

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post

These dudes are cheaters(Steroids). OP, I myself don't work out for looks but to protect my love ones. I work on my strength and to build strength you need muscle. I also did MMA(kick boxing and brazilian jiu jitsu) which I shredded body fat. Bulking up gives you lot benefits like intimidating ass holes and ladies pay more attention when you walk in to a room.