+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Great to see your post. I got you in same tune as of me. The purpose is to have a light & sound body.
    Thank you for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    You Americans are so conceited, bodybuilding culture just doesn't exist here in Western Europe, no man, no woman, no one would give two shits about your muscular body here. Pretty much less than 0,5% of the male population goes to the gym.

Surprising right? A country where men don't shame their fellow men with lines like "bro do you even lift?!". Yes it's possible, I don't know where it came from in the US, it was probably part of the media agenda, but American men bought into it big time.
    Who lied you that? In Europe espeacelly in Eastern or South Europe bodybuilding or gym is very popular among young population. Last decade a lot of professional gym are opened everywhere. I am training at home. I have pull-up bar, dumbells and i am free steroid.

Everyone have opinion about what he/she likes, but most of the girls likes handsome bodies.

Bodybuilding and gym is not popular in Asia and Africa and most of the countries in South America, because of the religious beliefs and economic situatioon in the most of the countries there.

USA and Canada are steroid countries. A, lot of guys especelly black guys takes steroid and drugs for hormonal growth.

If you're comfortable with light, fit and healthy body it's good for you and if someone wants a big muscular bodybuilding body, they are right in working for it. It's everyone's own choice.

For about 7-8 years I used to be obsessed with "getting big." Now, i do stay in shape and lift but i might go 3-4 times per week instead of 3 hrs a day 7 days a week slaving away and pounding all food in sight. I just don't care any more, so much more important things in life, and 90%+ females will be fine with some muscle and leanness but not an over the top look. Furthermore, I can't possibly imagine how the body obsessed dudes can focus on furthering their careers/studying/work like they really should while revolving so much of their lives around their body. I am so glad I am out of that phase of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    The media demands muscles so we need muscles damnit!

And plus to be able to do what a scrawny guy probably can't makes me feel good cause I can snap em like a twig with strength. Until he busts out some jujitsu shit... Or low and behold, the ultimate sneak low blow.

To counter that jujitsu though, a gun. I needa look good holding a gun so that's why I'm building muscles. It goes hand in hand with a gun.
    This is old, but super funny. haha

You Americans are so conceited, bodybuilding culture just doesn't exist here in Western Europe, no man, no woman, no one would give two shits about your muscular body here. Pretty much less than 0,5% of the male population goes to the gym.

Surprising right? A country where men don't shame their fellow men with lines like "bro do you even lift?!". Yes it's possible, I don't know where it came from in the US, it was probably part of the media agenda, but American men bought into it big time.
    If you encounter a man that says to you, "bro, do you even lift?", even in the United States, he is considered a huge dousch bag.

Quote Originally Posted by sakshi2110 View Post
    Hi, I am new in this forum.
    I want to know how to gain weight without any supplement or medicine.
    Eat more food. You're welcome.

I think about half of guys from their teens until their mid 30s go to gym. There is a clear obsession in Europe, too. It does not matter whether you are in the East, South or North.

Quote Originally Posted by polios View Post
    I think about half of guys from their teens until their mid 30s go to gym. There is a clear obsession in Europe, too. It does not matter whether you are in the East, South or North.
    Belgium, virtually no one goes to the gym here. And if you do, you will get laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't get this whole obsession with building muscle (including abs etc), and prefers simply keeping a low body fat count and been thin? It just seems like so much effort, and tbh most of the results that come from bodybuilding and weight lifting (abs in particular) just look so unnatural and repulsive to look at. I'm saying that it's good to be overweight, or to be an obese slob, but my idea of a good look is to simply keep body fat to a minimum and achieve a natural lean look.
    Generally if it requires hard work it's worth the effort. People are okay to keep their delusions and pretend that 'muscle' is undesirable but the reality is that it's the polar opposite and more or less the best thing you can do [Especially if you suffer hair loss].

To use the words 'repulsive' is the ultimate straw man. Those obscenely muscular men you see in magazines are a look that you will never achieve in ten lifetimes. That's the by product of serious genetics and a bucketload of steroids.

Guaranteed for 99% of the population the more muscle you can pack on your frame the better you'll look. I've been bulking and cutting for near on ten years [I'm now 28]. I've got a relatively large frame and I'm currently 85kg [185lb] at a lean body mass at 6'0.

If I had ten kilograms more muscle I'd look even better. No matter how much work I do the reality is that from here on out the gains will be limited to 2-3lb per year maximum.

The TLDR: When anyone says "I don't get the obsession with…" or "It's a pointless endeavour" what they're really saying is "I don't want to put in the hard work therefore I'll denigrate those who do".