+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Fatigue in the gym and muscle deterioration on finasteride

Just kiddin'.

Hit 170 lbs for the first time in my entire life today -- up from 155 in mid-Jan. Not sure about my bf%, but it's not egregiously high.

Looking for people to be critical of my physique (especially Davey, since homeboy is pretty jacked and obviously well-versed on gains and getting cut.)

Looking for exercises that target the muscle groups you feel I'm lacking. Until I go full time, I'm limited to a gym with 2 machines and free weights (keep that in mind with suggestions).

Anyways, sorry to have been a bit facetious with the thread title. Give me the good, the bad, and the ugly (besides the hairloss ).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Physique 04.07.13.jpg

Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	20309  

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Are you looking to be bigger overall? Stronger? Not to look scrawny? Beach body? If bigger, I'd say you're doing well if you continue and keep upping the weights. Also, I think you would look overall better if your chest was bigger. Mawr bench! Also I think you'd look rockin' with more trap size. But I dont know what your goals are so I'm just stating what I believe would look smexy.

For me, I built my shoulders, traps, and arms fairly big and maybe somewhat unproportional for my frame but since im always at a low bodyfat, it looks good (looks good to me that is). Im still lacking a bit on chest but I've been straying a bit from the traditional bench and doing dumbell presses. It's actually been improving a lot faster (the shape of chest more defined like the line going through middle) than hitting the bench week after week but it does get harder adding those increments of ten pounds past the 70lb dumbells.

Yeah, I'm trying to get the tapered V-shaped upper body. Really wanting to broaden my shoulders and increase my presence. So, deltoids and traps are probably the most important.

Upper body in general I'm trying to blow up. Trying to drop my BF a little bit - I have a gut right now.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Nice! I've been recently trying the same thing. I always trued workibg out for the tapered look but couldn't get it when I was trying for it. After I stopped caring, I started hitting heavy on tbar rows close grip and seated rows close grip. Ever since, my lats have been growing.

Before that I was always under the impression that the wide grips was where its at like wide grip pull ups, lat pull downs, wide grip bent over rows. I may have been performing the exercises wrong an plus when the wide grips I couldn't do as much weights as I did with close. Ever since upping the weights tremendously from wides to close, lats have been growing. Everyone responds differently to different exercises so it couldve been just me.

I don't think you have that much if a gut from what I'm seeing but if you plan on lowering bodyfat more like what you say, you'd look pretty awesome (no homo) And even more hardcore, once you get those delta and traps alone.

Here you go. CT FLETCHER!

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...Mw12079eDJXFx7

Ha, dude. That video made my day. Can't wait to get out of the pansy complementary gym in my building, and into a real gym. Everything I'm doing now is just preparation for that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Just kiddin'.

Hit 170 lbs for the first time in my entire life today -- up from 155 in mid-Jan. Not sure about my bf%, but it's not egregiously high.

Looking for people to be critical of my physique (especially Davey, since homeboy is pretty jacked and obviously well-versed on gains and getting cut.)

Looking for exercises that target the muscle groups you feel I'm lacking. Until I go full time, I'm limited to a gym with 2 machines and free weights (keep that in mind with suggestions).

Anyways, sorry to have been a bit facetious with the thread title. Give me the good, the bad, and the ugly (besides the hairloss ).
    If you're looking for more of the V-shape the easiest way by far is get a pull-up bar and actually use it. Even if you can't do real pull-ups initially, do 10 sets of negatives (at least 5 seconds but longer if you can manage) every other day for 2 weeks and I promise you'll notice a difference. Your pecs look like they could use some work as well. Try decline dumbell presses. The most effective chest building exercise I've ever tried. I would also suggest adding some lower body work. Squats and deadlifts are the most effective and will help you cut some fat. Most guys on here tend to be more on the nerdy side so the explanation for this is simple and something I think you can relate to. You are moving heavier weights a larger distance and thus doing more "work". It recruits more muscle fiber to do more work and thus burns more calories and produces more after-burn. Plus you'll have a much more balanced look than the guy with 18" biceps and 15" thighs.

I actually do have access to a pull-up bar and I never use it. I'm sure I can do a fair amount of the real deal too. Do you do multiple sets, one set with max reps, or as more of a burn-out sort of exercise ideally?

That's somewhat debatable. What I've found to be the most effective is 3 sets. I would start with a single set and establish what your max single set is. I would take that number and subtract 2-3 reps and try to do 3 sets of at least that many. I rest 120 seconds in between but you can play around with that. The last set I always do a burnout and finish with 5 negatives. You'll see some pretty rapid gains using this strategy initially if you're anything like me. I've now started to mix in once a week a single set of one rep where I aim for 30 seconds up and 30 seconds down. It doesn't seem like much but it's super intense and great for your biceps as well.

Inactive

Yeah, I think you'll really notice better results when you have access to a full gym. You seem to have a good frame so I think you'll be able to get a nice v-taper once you build up lats, delts, etc. and lower your bf a bit. I would put you in the mid to high teens currently if I had to take a stab at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Yeah, I think you'll really notice better results when you have access to a full gym. You seem to have a good frame so I think you'll be able to get a nice v-taper once you build up lats, delts, etc. and lower your bf a bit. I would put you in the mid to high teens currently if I had to take a stab at it.
    Yeah, I love free weights because they promote strengthening of your stabilizing muscles as well as perpetuate forearm and hand strength. However, I find myself losing motivation while standing in front of a rack of dumbbells for 45 min straight.

My roommate has had massive gains in the last 6 months (130 -170 lb), so I'm excited to get a membership where he is at and following a comparable routine. Plus, it's in Uptown Mpls, which is where all the young honeys are at -- there's something motivating about having girls around you while you lift, obviously.

Anyways, I've completely cut out empty calories from my diet and am decreasing my calorie intake overall. I'm not "fat", but I do have excess.

Man, if I get cut and finasteride stops my hair loss, I'll be one happy hombre.