Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

Hey Davey,

Thanks, man. I was excited to see your response.

The dumbbells max out at 50 pounds, so basically worthless.

"It sounds hard to believe, but deadlifting will make every single muscle in your body grow better, even the ones it doesn't specifically hit" is not crazy at all, dude. Same with squats.

But yeah, main thing is I have dumb bells up to 50 pounds, and I hate machines. I hate guided motion.

I'm just going to get a gym membership. Don't have time for that worthless complementary "get-small" gym.

Comment

• Aames
      Inactive
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
      Hey Davey,

Thanks, man. I was excited to see your response.

The dumbbells max out at 50 pounds, so basically worthless.

"It sounds hard to believe, but deadlifting will make every single muscle in your body grow better, even the ones it doesn't specifically hit" is not crazy at all, dude. Same with squats.

But yeah, main thing is I have dumb bells up to 50 pounds, and I hate machines. I hate guided motion.

I'm just going to get a gym membership. Don't have time for that worthless complementary "get-small" gym.
      Yeah, gyms like that are borderline useless for lifting. Find a fully-equipped real gym with barbells, squat-racks, etc. Then check out my resource thread to get your diet in order. Drop a message on my wall if you ever have any questions on nutrition. I have spent more time than I care to admit on nutrition/lifting forums over the past year.

Comment

• dex89
        • Jul 2012

Dex! What's up, my guy? How's everything going with finasteride?

I'm getting close to two months already.
        Hey BigThinker, sorry for the late reply friend. Fin is holding it for me at the moment. I'm currently taking it every other week or 3 times a week. I was shedding for a while, because of stress but now I'm back to normal.

How's Fin treating you?

Comment

• BigThinker
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by dex89
          Hey BigThinker, sorry for the late reply friend. Fin is holding it for me at the moment. I'm currently taking it every other week or 3 times a week. I was shedding for a while, because of stress but now I'm back to normal.

How's Fin treating you?
          Doing good, bro. Can't tell if I have sides or not. Seems like I might be less horny and more tired, but not enough for me to quit. I'm still taking it everyday, but thinking about toning it down to every other day to see if I feel different. Started minox last week.

Comment

• BigThinker
            • Oct 2012

Makin' gains bros. I told someone I'd update this thread. I'm up like 8 pounds since I started lifting (with lower body fat, for sure), which actually occurred after I started fin or there was at least a strong overlap.

So, balding brothers, get to the gym. Even if you're in the early stages, you should be getting your finances in order, your body ready, and your style game on point. Even if you don't end up bald, you'll be a better man than you were before.

Also, thanks Davey for helping convince me there could be life after baldness - even if I'm not there yet.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Proper
              • Mar 2013

Makin' gains bros. I told someone I'd update this thread. I'm up like 8 pounds since I started lifting (with lower body fat, for sure), which actually occurred after I started fin or there was at least a strong overlap.

So, balding brothers, get to the gym. Even if you're in the early stages, you should be getting your finances in order, your body ready, and your style game on point. Even if you don't end up bald, you'll be a better man than you were before.

Also, thanks Davey for helping convince me there could be life after baldness - even if I'm not there yet.
              EY MAN! YOU WANNA BUILD SOME MUSCLE?? YEAH?! Tthats good!... thats REAL good!! -Quoted from hodgetwins lol

Anyhow, lookin good dood!

Comment

• BigThinker
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Proper
                EY MAN! YOU WANNA BUILD SOME MUSCLE?? YEAH?! Tthats good!... thats REAL good!! -Quoted from hodgetwins lol

Anyhow, lookin good dood!
                Ha. Thank, bro. Most importantly I feel good. Little bit of exercise goes a long way.

Comment

• darryls
                  • Sep 2013

dht is supposed to be more anabolic than testosterone and it effects strength so I could see how finasteride would lower gains.

Comment

• Proper
                    • Mar 2013

Ha. Thank, bro. Most importantly I feel good. Little bit of exercise goes a long way.
                    Especially when you can flex in the mirror and feel powerful. Feel like droppin' a fool (immature mentality on my part lol). I feel like that everytime I come outta the gym.

Comment

Working...