what norwood after transplant is achievable? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default what norwood after transplant is achievable?

what norwood after transplant is achievable?

so i measured my thinning areas so i think these areas will go bald totaly and they will be around 200 square cm(including average sideburn area) how many grafts average i need for full haid of hair? can this go even higher than the lowest limit? i mean if there is that much of donour hairs.
    also is it good choice to restore sideburns?(lol i was born without these )

so naturally we have around 100 grafts per square cm with average graft to have 2 hairs so this is 200 hairs average. for a science fiction restoration i would need 20 000 grafts. that is omg not achievable, what is the lowest limit? if i go 50 grafts pesr sq cm? that is 10 000 grafts i am sure i will need 2 or three hair transplants right?

is 20000 euros to 30000 what i should expect?

omg better to start a second job asap

Ha, I love that. A "science fiction result", lol! I'll put it to you this way. I was a NW6+/repair patient. I've had just shy of 10,000 grafts. My hairline is about about 55 per cm2 and the rest behind falls lower with the crown at maybe 25 per cm2 (guessing). I've got about as close to a full head of hair that anyone in my position can have and I do NOT have a full head of hair. Full coverage? Absolutely, but low density. Hair style and length also make a huge difference as you have to find the "sweet spot" for length and a style that suits your hair type. I currently sport a conservative 3 guard on the sides and back with longer hair on top that is kind of poofed up and brushed forward and up. This gives me maximum coverage and a modern style.

I think to be able to have options for hair styles a NW6 needs at least 8000 grafts. A NW6 can get away with less of course as even 6000 grafts can make a huge difference but the real freedom comes when you can get density in the crown that is slightly higher than that found on a dandelion These numbers are of course dependent on hair type. My own hair is fairly fine so coarser hair can allow for fewer grafts.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

nice intro jotronic..

i see your ht is really good, can you get one more procedure also if you like?

i see you are hasson and wong advisor, does this clinic do fue?

also if someone has a bald spot of lets asume 5 sq cm and we know(lets asume that too) that he will not loose any more hairs. is it possible to do 100 grafts per sq cm? in if yes it is possible to give that density with one pass?

TYTR,

Thank you for your comments on my results. Yes, I could get another but I think I'd be pushing it. I've gotten to the point where I have more hair than I did when I was 24 (I'm 43 now) and I can still cut my hair pretty short. The small amount of hair left would not be worth going through another full blown procedure.

No, H&W do not perform FUE, or at least not on a large scale. We'll do small procedures from time to time. We were among the first clinics in North America to offer it back in May of 2003 but we soon saw the limitations of the procedure and did not want to compromise our consistency. Since then we've evolved our procedure to the point that we feel it is the best in the world. We do the largest sessions, we can place at a higher density and we basically invented the capability of controlling angle and direction of grafts through the development of the lateral slit technique.

Regarding density, yes, it is possible to place 100 grafts per cm2 in one pass and while we've done this in the past with success we find that it is RARELY necessary. We recently saw a result in Rome where 80 per cm2 were placed in one pass and while it looked fantastic even this number is not necessary often.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com